March 29, 2024, 17:29
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Help required to extract sound from The Culling  (Read 1986 times)
Jayk
« on: June 20, 2018, 08:43 »

I'm currently trying to find and extract a sound from The Culling.
I simply want to extract the backstab sound effect from the game, and the only reference to any backstab is under the folders:

AKSounds > Global > Weapons > Impacts.

The uasset is 1KB and when I extract it nothing happens.
 This is the only reference to any type of backstab sound and I'm getting desperate. Is this a text file, and if so is there any possible way for me to read what it says and figure out why it's the only ones to be categorized as backstab sounds?

I have the program set to the proper version and I have "sounds" checked under extractions, I've extracted other sounds from here aswell, so I know that works

Hopefully there's and explanation to this, and if there is I'd like to hear it.

Note: I've never used this site before, and I'm sorry in advance if I did anything wrong
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 08:53 by Jayk » Logged
Juso3D

Welcome to Gildor Forums

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2018, 09:56 »

Check the log window, if it comes up with OPUS codec, not possible to export out.

Blender + Linux User Here.
Jayk
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2018, 10:15 »

These are the only things that are shown in the console after I've hit "extract"
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 22:31 by Jayk » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2018, 11:19 »

I see "AKSound" in file names. Most likely this game uses some middleware found outputting sound, i.e. sounds are not in standard format.
Jayk
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2018, 23:51 »

Because of this "middleware", is there no way for this sound effect and others like it to be extracted?
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2018, 07:03 »

I'm not supporting third-party sound format objects. Sound export is secondary and absolutely not mandatory function of UModel. For UE4 I'm supporting only things which exists in original engine code, but for "AkSound" I even don't know which middleware is used for that (fmod? something else?).
Juso3D

Welcome to Gildor Forums

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2018, 14:28 »

I'm not supporting third-party sound format objects. Sound export is secondary and absolutely not mandatory function of UModel. For UE4 I'm supporting only things which exists in original engine code, but for "AkSound" I even don't know which middleware is used for that (fmod? something else?).

Wwise perhaps?

Blender + Linux User Here.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2018, 15:02 »

I've checked Wwise plugin source code. It seems uasset will never contain any sound data for this system. Sounds are always located in .bnk files in "WwiseAudio" directory, and default plugin implementation can't even load sounds from pak files.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: