March 29, 2024, 18:20
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: [REQUEST] Umodele exporter feature  (Read 625 times)
IvanGrozny

View Profile
« on: July 01, 2018, 23:54 »

Hi all again, I would like to request the following feature to be added to uModel exporter when exporting anims.

I would like to be able to select a bone/bones whose keyframes will not be exporter. Meaning the bones that I selected will have no key frames in the exported animation file.

And if anyone knows: how can I edit all keyframes related to a bone (if I know the bone name) using a text editor and editing the *psa file straight?

REQUEST NUMBER 2:

in 3ds max when using actorX importer, when I import animations, the animation's total frame number gets appended to the animation name! This really sucks. Can we be able to disable this?

Request number 3: When importing animations to 3ds and exporting, the sequence speed(RATE) is lost, and later must be set manually when re-importing back to Unreal SDK.

Can we get a work-around?

Thank you in advance.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 00:03 by IvanGrozny » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2018, 10:23 »

Hi,
I would like to be able to select a bone/bones whose keyframes will not be exporter. Meaning the bones that I selected will have no key frames in the exported animation file.
I see no point of doing that.
And if anyone knows: how can I edit all keyframes related to a bone (if I know the bone name) using a text editor and editing the *psa file straight?
psa file is not text, but even with binary editor you can't remove tracks from it.
in 3ds max when using actorX importer, when I import animations, the animation's total frame number gets appended to the animation name! This really sucks. Can we be able to disable this?
There's no such behavior neither with umodel nor with actorx. You're doing something wrong.
Request number 3: When importing animations to 3ds and exporting, the sequence speed(RATE) is lost, and later must be set manually when re-importing back to Unreal SDK.
Yes, frame rate is not imported. Probably I didn't find a way of properly importing it, so I'm simply ignoring this value (I don't remember already).
IvanGrozny

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2018, 15:17 »

There's no such behavior neither with umodel nor with actorx. You're doing something wrong.

Well I can show you a screenshot if you don't believe me but what is the purpose?  Wink
I am having this behavior when exporting from UE 2.5 (unreal 2004) and importing into 3ds max 2016 using your latest version of uModel and actorXImporter.

Another question I have: can we get some sort of a batch redigest feature?

Lets say I import hundreds of animations into 3ds max using ActorX importer, and I need a way to batch re-digest them into the Animation Manager (ActorX Exporter).
If I am to do this manually, I need to write the animation sequence name every time, and then click on "digest animation".
This is really time consuming.

Thank you again.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2018, 15:34 »

Well I can show you a screenshot if you don't believe me but what is the purpose?  Wink
I am having this behavior when exporting from UE 2.5 (unreal 2004) and importing into 3ds max 2016 using your latest version of uModel and actorXImporter.
Yes, sure. You may supply screenshots with explanation what's wrong there, and what SHOULD BE there.
Another question I have: can we get some sort of a batch redigest feature?

Lets say I import hundreds of animations into 3ds max using ActorX importer, and I need a way to batch re-digest them into the Animation Manager (ActorX Exporter).
If I am to do this manually, I need to write the animation sequence name every time, and then click on "digest animation".
This is really time consuming.
ActorX Exported doesn't receive new features. And actually I don't know much what it can do. I've made a batch processing (which is part of ActorX Importer), but it is mostly intended for fbx export.

By the way, what's the point of loading psk/psa and then saving it to psk/psa again
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: