March 28, 2024, 17:39
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Faith of Danschant UVs  (Read 1134 times)
freezerburn

i love it xD

View Profile
« on: August 11, 2018, 22:37 »

Anyone else have uv issues after extracting items from the game? Using the "path to materials" option doesn't seem to work. Then I tried to manually apply the textures via material editor in 3ds max, but the textures don't map properly. Maybe the bms method changes the way the material ids are read?
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2018, 23:00 »

Texture coordinates could be modified by shader. However there are ways for user to make mistakes here. Check this issue:
https://github.com/gildor2/UModel/issues/85
It has a user mistake (not sure if that user really understood that)
freezerburn

i love it xD

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2018, 04:30 »

Texture coordinates could be modified by shader. However there are ways for user to make mistakes here. Check this issue:
https://github.com/gildor2/UModel/issues/85
It has a user mistake (not sure if that user really understood that)

I read the thread, but I think my problem is a little different. I tried to open it in Skeledit, but recieved an error about the .psk having too many bones and it crashed saying something about an autosave. The model appears the same way in 3ds Max as it does in Umodel. Here are some images:

Umodel View:
Umodel_View_FOD" border="0

3DS Max View:
3_DSMAX_View_FOD" border="0

Here's one of the diffuse images for the char:
3_DSMAX_Material_Editor1" border="0

Here I applied the diffuse from the previous image to the character by editing the multi-material egg in the mat editor. I chose the option for the face:
3_DSMAX_Material_Editor2" border="0

It's importing correctly as it looks the same in both apps (Umodel-3DS Max), but idk why the correct textures aren't mapping to look similar to this:
PL_1003a" border="0

Or I could be missing something after reading the thread you linked me to... Sad
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2018, 09:01 »

So, this is not a bug again. This is the problem trying to recreate material to make it looking like in game.
First of all, be prepared that it might be impossible. Unreal engine has much more complex material system than 3ds Max.
Secondly, new UModel generates props.txt files next to .mat, saving additional properties of materials - which it can't use, but probably user could understand. Try reading them, may be you'll understand something.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2018, 09:04 »

Ah, and regarding thread name. "UVs' is a technical term meaning texture coordinates. I have no idea why non-technical people says "UVs" about texture mapping. This is like non-technical wonem in Russia says "programmer" about anyone who knows how to turn on and off the computer Smiley
freezerburn

i love it xD

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2018, 15:37 »

Using uv is a habit. Grin When you typed that it made me think of something. I remember when a friend of mine from Europe told me that I abbreviated "welcome" funny. I would type "wlc bk." He said it read to him like "bathroom back." lol

Sorry back on topic....

I took a look at the props.txt files and noticed that the char export has 2 different texture mappings. One for 7 textures and one for 9 textures.

Here's the strange thing, the map props.txt file which shows 9 textures has the correct base maps, normal maps etc with the correct names. ActorX is reading from this one since in Max it shows roughly the same names listed on the multi-material, except Max shows 10 slots requesting the correct map names...

Now the one for 7 textures list maps that don't exist in the exported folders for that character (ie different texture names).

I think you're right, mappings at current are looking impossible. Or I should say, using the bms route, this is an issue. At least skeleton meshes, static meshes, and animations work.
linkliu

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2019, 17:29 »

Please try this. there was often three fold after exported---"Materials","Meshes","Textures".
mat files in "Materials",but the texture file .tga file in "Textures" fold.
1.you should copy all the .tga file from "Textures" to "Materials".
2.in the ActorX import be sure "Path to material" is the path of "Materials" fold.
I got the same issue with you ,I solved my problem by the step above.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: