April 18, 2024, 15:06
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Can't export sound from Insurgency: Sandstorm  (Read 3880 times)
Schytheron

View Profile
« on: September 22, 2018, 22:56 »

I am trying to export sound effects from Insurgency: Sandstorm but whenever I select the sounds I want from the list and click "Export" nothing gets exported (The "UmodelExport" folder doesn't even get created). I have been able to export every other type of asset from the game except for the sounds and I don't understand why. It is my first time trying to export sound with Umodel so maybe I am doing something wrong? Is it because the game uses Wwise audio?

Juso3D

Welcome to Gildor Forums

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2018, 07:11 »

Most likely using  Wwise/AkAudioEvent inside UE4, PUBG has the same setup, only way to extract the sounds is with this program on the sound pak file only.

Blender + Linux User Here.
Schytheron

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2018, 15:22 »

Most likely using  Wwise/AkAudioEvent inside UE4, PUBG has the same setup, only way to extract the sounds is with this program on the sound pak file only.

That program states that it's only used for .PCK or .BNK files. Sandstorm doesn't have any of these file types. Only .PAK's. So does this work for .PAK's too? I know that I read somewhere that some guy was able to extract sounds from PUBG using this program... but how? How will I even know in which .PAK the sounds are located? Are all sounds even located in the same .PAK file?
Juso3D

Welcome to Gildor Forums

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2018, 18:10 »

Basically goes like this,

Open Quickbms with it's ut4.bms script, use it on the games sound.pak file, will get bunch of .wem/bnk/json files, then use wwise unpacker to convert to OGG/MP3 (place them in game files folder), unfortunately some sounds won't have names on them, be like 001, 002, 003 etc.

PUBG example

Schytheron

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2018, 20:58 »

Open Quickbms with it's ut4.bms script, use it on the games sound.pak file, will get bunch of .wem/bnk/json files, then use wwise unpacker to convert to OGG/MP3 (place them in game files folder), unfortunately some sounds won't have names on them, be like 001, 002, 003 etc.

PUBG example

Thanks! Worked like a charm! Now I just need a way to figure out the original file names (if that's even possible).
Popogn

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2018, 00:57 »

PUBG example

When I tried to do that, Quickbms gave me a bunch of .uasset files that I can't open... maybe I've done something wrong?
Bluay

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2019, 22:28 »

I can't figure out how to get the .bms file when it prompts me for a script. Where can I find the .bms script? An in depth step by step guide would be nice Sad
Juso3D

Welcome to Gildor Forums

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2019, 06:39 »

I can't figure out how to get the .bms file when it prompts me for a script. Where can I find the .bms script? An in depth step by step guide would be nice Sad

https://aluigi.altervista.org/quickbms.htm

Search for Unreal Tournament 4 script.

Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: