Gildor's Forums

Author Topic: Dungeon Defenders 2 - cannot open visual objects  (Read 415 times)
InsertCoin

View Profile
Dungeon Defenders 2 - cannot open visual objects
« on: October 01, 2018, 16:20 »

Hello! New here, sorry if I post in the wrong place.

Whenever I'm trying to open a package that contains a visual object, the Umodel crashes with the following message:
Code:
Memory: bad allocation size -1133098952 bytes
appMalloc:size=-1133098952 (total=2 Mbytes) <- FArray::Empty:-452338854 x 12 <- SerializePackageFileSummary3 <- FPackageFileSummary<<:Ver=688/117 <- UnPackage::UnPackage:CookedPCConsole/DD2_TownSquare01.upk, ver=688/117, game=ue3 <- UnPackage::LoadPackage:CookedPCConsole/DD2_TownSquare01.upk <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main:umodel_build=880

The game is in the supported game list. (http://www.gildor.org/projects/umodel/compat)

I have tried overriding game detection to UE3->Dungeon Defenders as well as all other UE versions .

Opening packages without visual models works.

Thank you in advance.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
Re: Dungeon Defenders 2 - cannot open visual objects
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2018, 16:25 »

Hi. Please use forum search, there were multiple threads about this game. The game worked before, but stopped working with update. I've fixed that, but it stopped working with another update. Etc.
InsertCoin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2018, 16:49 »

I see. I've read the previous topics.
This game not worth doing anything else for it.

I'm sad that this is the case.

The last update has introduced a community-wide secret into the game, which no one has solved yet.
(https://dungeondefenders.com/2/topic/157688/isle-of-dread-and-its-secrets-discussion-thread-spoilers-beware?page=3)

Even though the game breaks Umodel almost every update, I'm hoping you wouldn't mind updating the program just one more time, for the sake of solving this mystery.

(It doesn't work with "-game=dundef" either by the way)
new error message:
Code:
Package "DD2_The_Spires.upk": wrong export index 1631715327
UnPackage::CreateExport:DD2_The_Spires.upk:1631715327 <- UnPackage::SerializeUObject <- TArray::Serialize:0/3014718 <- SerializeFMaterialResource <- LoadObject:Material3'DD2_The_Spires.SK_Opaque_UnLit', pos=3FA6DAD, ver=685/117, game=dundef <- UObject::EndLoad <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main:umodel_build=880
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2018, 16:55 »

Even though the game breaks Umodel almost every update, I'm hoping you wouldn't mind updating the program just one more time, for the sake of solving this mystery.
Sorry, no. I have large plans for umodel, what's common to all games, and too little time to implement anything. Spending time on particular game will cut off implementation of other features.
InsertCoin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2018, 17:05 »

I understand, thank you for the replies.
Jump to: