March 29, 2024, 05:15
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: MOHA Game File Modding  (Read 971 times)
benthehen13

View Profile
« on: October 17, 2018, 03:38 »

Hello my name is Michael and I am new to this scene

I found out by Gildor from a UE3 Forum post, and decided to try my luck to see if anyone would be able to help with my problem.

Medal of Honor Airborne is a UE3 UDK product, when visiting the game directory, in the "CookedPC" folder I located all terrain, map, weapon files etc.
All the files are under the .xxx extension, which from personal research I discovered is some kind of obfuscating way of garbling-up file information.

Obviously I understand that EA Games does not want modification of MOHA, however, I am still curious about how far I can go in terms of modding their game.
I was hoping to hear if anyone has ideas on how to repurpose the .xxx files. Essentially, is there a way in which these files can be unpacked - decoded and restored to UDK-type files once-more?

Thank you,
Michael
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2018, 10:26 »

Hello my name is Michael and I am new to this scene
Hello
I found out by Gildor from a UE3 Forum post, and decided to try my luck to see if anyone would be able to help with my problem.
This is generally not a modding forum Smiley
Medal of Honor Airborne is a UE3 UDK product, when visiting the game directory, in the "CookedPC" folder I located all terrain, map, weapon files etc.
All the files are under the .xxx extension, which from personal research I discovered is some kind of obfuscating way of garbling-up file information.
"xxx" extension for UE3 means "package was cooked for console". Such packages are not openable in game editor, and they're smaller than regular cooked packages.

I'll move your post to the special board for modding. Please check adjacent threads there.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: