March 28, 2024, 19:54
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: SoulCalibur 6  (Read 19657 times)
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2018, 16:46 »

You are right, but "Anim" in UE Viewer Compatibility Table should still be set to "No" because umodel itself does not support animations in the viewer.
It was changed a few hours ago, there's "no" in animation column for this game.
Unfortunately no, I only found 4 models where they where scaled 100% correctly, but most bones fit much better in stead of 1/10 scale. the problem area in most of the models is the hands (probably because of bones like HAND_L_SCALE__group).
If you don't have models and want samples I'll send them privately to you if you want Gildor.
Send me a pair of samples (mesh + skeleton). I'll check if this is a bug in umodel, or something non-standard with a game, etc.
joeyq

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2018, 18:14 »

You are right, but "Anim" in UE Viewer Compatibility Table should still be set to "No" because umodel itself does not support animations in the viewer.
It was changed a few hours ago, there's "no" in animation column for this game.
Unfortunately no, I only found 4 models where they where scaled 100% correctly, but most bones fit much better in stead of 1/10 scale. the problem area in most of the models is the hands (probably because of bones like HAND_L_SCALE__group).
If you don't have models and want samples I'll send them privately to you if you want Gildor.
Send me a pair of samples (mesh + skeleton). I'll check if this is a bug in umodel, or something non-standard with a game, etc.

I have send you a pm with link to sample files.
By the way, do you know how to extract the audio files from the sample I posted in my first post?
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2018, 18:28 »

1. I've checked skeletal meshes and see no problems there. Do you have any troubles animating these models in 3ds Max?
2. Audio files contains some custom sound object which doesn't exist in UE4. I see it contains some binary data inside, so probably there's some wave data inside, however it doesn't have any known sound header, so I can't recognize it.
joeyq

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2018, 19:11 »

1. I've checked skeletal meshes and see no problems there. Do you have any troubles animating these models in 3ds Max?
2. Audio files contains some custom sound object which doesn't exist in UE4. I see it contains some binary data inside, so probably there's some wave data inside, however it doesn't have any known sound header, so I can't recognize it.

1. Only r_all_001, r_all_006, r_all_007, r_all_00c seem correct. i've checked dozens of models (not included in the samples I sent you, just a few) and all of them have hands that are incorrect or whole upperbody that are incorrect. Please take a closer look at for example r_all_004 and r_all_00b arms and hands.

2. Bummer, probably format like cryengine adx which i think they used in the past.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 19:16 by joeyq » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2018, 19:54 »

re: skeleton. I'll ask you again: did you try to animate or pose these models in Max? Bone is just a coordinate system, and it may be represented in various ways. I'm drawing lines between these coordinate systems. Max displays some shapes. Some system displays 3-color axis. Words "looks incorrect" doesn't mean that it will work[/n] incorrect.

This line may be anywhere, it doesn't matter. In general they're inside the object, and I see it's nearly inside here. Everything else depends on animation - it may have adjustments if rotation will break mesh shape.
joeyq

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2018, 20:36 »

re: skeleton. I'll ask you again: did you try to animate or pose these models in Max? Bone is just a coordinate system, and it may be represented in various ways. I'm drawing lines between these coordinate systems. Max displays some shapes. Some system displays 3-color axis. Words "looks incorrect" doesn't mean that it will work[/n] incorrect.

This line may be anywhere, it doesn't matter. In general they're inside the object, and I see it's nearly inside here. Everything else depends on animation - it may have adjustments if rotation will break mesh shape.

I am an animator and it is extremely important to have the lines/bones places exactly/approximately where one expects them to be, that is inside the volume they are supposed to rotate the joint. For translation it isn't that important, but 99% of the time bones rotate, especially joints.
If you check other unreal engine 3/4 games you can view skeletal models 99.9% of the time have the bones inside the volume they are supposed to affect or you'll get stretching and tearing.
simple example in blender with r_all_001 and r_all_00b, same bones same animation:

Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2018, 14:06 »

Well, I've checked these models with more depth. They have scales for other bones, not just for root one, and sometimes non-uniform scale (i.e. X=1.5, Y=1, Z=1 etc).
I did an attempt to support these situations, works well in my tests. Please try new umodel.
TerryXX

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2018, 22:07 »

Hi gildor, so I made some other attempts with the new version of umodel but with some textures and meshes its make some error:
Package "006/Texture/nude_r006_body_NORMAL.uasset": wrong name index 1304594863
UnPackage::SerializeFName:pos=000003CF <- FPropertyTag<< <- CTypeInfo::SerializeUnrealProps <- UObject::Serialize <- UTexture3::Serialize4 <- UTexture2D::Serialize4 <- UTexture2D::Serialize <- LoadObject:Texture2D'nude_r006_body_NORMAL.nude_r006_body_NORMAL', pos=3CF, ver=513/0 (unversioned), game=ue4.17 <- UObject::EndLoad <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main:umodel_build=885

I'll give you some files to see where the problem might be, https://www.dropbox.com/s/4l6t871mune235k/006.rar?dl=0
TerryXX

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2018, 17:50 »

Hi Gildor, so I continued with various tests and the scales of the bones it's wrong in the last version of umodel, in the previous version the scale of bones is correct but the mesh it is not.
https://imgur.com/a/pRfV3S0
If you can adapt the mesh to the skeleton then everything works perfectly, I do not understand why Japanese people must always complicate things, thx again.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2018, 17:53 »

Hi,
Sorry, I understand nothing in your image.
TerryXX

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2018, 18:02 »

Importing the psk file from the old version of the umodel you have the correct scale of the skeleton (the lower part of the image is very small) but the mesh is enlarged too much (upper part of the image).
« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 18:06 by TerryXX » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2018, 18:05 »

Well, and I should download the game and look over all meshes to find which one you're using? Smiley
TerryXX

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2018, 18:08 »

No no you in the latest version of the umodel you have scaled the skeleton bones to the mesh, you must do the opposite scales the mesh to the skeleton bones, it's like this for all the files.
Edit: obviously it's just something for modders only, maybe the 3dsmax procedure is not the right one maybe with blender it's another thing, I continue to experiment to understand the workflow.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 18:34 by TerryXX » Logged
TerryXX

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2018, 17:22 »

Ok I have done more experiments and surely there is something that does not work with the position of the skeleton:
https://imgur.com/a/GRdFcYI
I scaled the extracted models with the new version of Umodel and the old one (new version is on red line, the old version is the green) the mesh of both versions they overlap perfectly but instead the skeletons are different, in the second photo you can see the error that comes out using the new version.
The old version of umodel he has the skeleton probably almost right since it does not create big error, but the meshes are not perfectly scaled between them and then there is an empty space between them.
If you want I can prepare some files extracted with both versions of Umodel.
toff

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2018, 17:38 »

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/389772602597441539/504648960162660362/database.png?width=400&height=212
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/389772602597441539/504648961337065502/database2.png

hello gildor, turns out the characters are scaled in game, could any of these uasset contain scale file?
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: