March 28, 2024, 17:11
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: THANK YOU !! THANK YOU !! (Success...) & a Gift to the World (of Star Trek...)  (Read 766 times)
SchoolHomeVR

View Profile
« on: November 10, 2018, 05:58 »

Between Gildor's tool, (info he helped w/ got me most of the way there) and QuickBMS (and a code emailed from Luigi himself!) I have succeeded in modding a game that was never meant to be modded! (If you don't like (real) Star Trek, it will be boring news,..) The game called:  Stage 9 VR (The Recreation of the Star Ship Enterprise D, in excruciating Detail and Interactive to boot!) was recently ORPHANED by it's Creator due to an injunction from CBS Legal/Blood sucking Dept... It is forced abandon-ware.  Unfortunately, the last best VR version released, was released on Xmas day, and as they were expecting to do another soon, (V0.10 which they then decided not to release out of respect to CBS and that VR 'Bridge only game; ('Bridge Crap'?  Something like that,..)   So the most recent and last version ever, HAS EVERYBODY WEARING SANTA HATS! Talk about an immersion killer!!! I decided I wanted to fix that, and I spent time learning about Mods, and bugging GILDOR! and Luigi;') until i had enough of the basics to try and last night I succedeed!!!  The creators have asked fans not to make downloads available, So, I figure what I can fairly do, is make a video for my (today 2,058!  Wow..) youtube subscribers, and show them the EASY PROCESS to get rid of the Santa Hats themselves!  I'm sure someone that missed out, can source a copy from a magnet link or something somewhere,  I definately can't release the file called "Stage9-Windows-v0091-VR.zip" but simply sharing how to Mod a few files in it, is surely less  ... egregious to the poor paupers at CBS,.. (they will be if they don't stop KILLING Star Trek!) !

YAY!!  It is SOOO much better without the stupid Santa Hats on all them, especially Data and Captain Picard (Undignified!  Harrumph!)

if there is any interest (at all)  I will come back and post my Video Link, it should be soon, I just need to clear off some space and retest my procedure on a separate machine before recording it.,.. (Though most here would probably know how to do it in their sleep, it was shall we say, a ... 'resource exclusion' mod, (after extracting/de-crypting,. etc... I simply deleted a few files...) LOL   Though, for my own sake (and when I am old!) I plan to completely revamp the entire ship with 4 and 8 k textures, optimize the hell out of it, make it all one big scene (all available all the time with Auto Occlusion), maybe even a Nude Mod LOL (For Luaxanna Troi and Picard's Wedding! of course Tongue  LOL

Woody
NextWorldVR  
« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 09:06 by SchoolHomeVR » Logged
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: