March 28, 2024, 17:02
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Convert or USE 'UE4Opus' files? I've searched the forum & Google 4 months!  (Read 643 times)
SchoolHomeVR

View Profile
« on: December 07, 2018, 21:30 »

I remember asking about half a year ago,..   I never understood the answer at all though, tried for weeks, then gave up,.. (and now can't find it to review,... Smiley
If only Umodel would output that wonderful actually useful, format: OGG,  Heck VLC plays that!  This 'ue4Opus' seems to be impossible nightmare to use or convert! Why Gildor calls it 'something special'  I have no idea.  .DDS THAT is special formatting...,  UE4Opus is just a pain,..
  I found some 'QuickBMS' thing that was supposed to convert them to wav, but the instructions were utterly impossible to understand,  Even though I use QuickBMS for many other things,..   It wanted Ubulk files, I have ue4Opus files from Umodel, and it didn't see the Ubulk files in the raw folder...  I wish there were more and better choices for these tools, No wonder there are no good games made in the last 20 years,

thnx....
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2018, 22:32 »

There were some information on github, may be on this forum too. I never used ue4opus myself, but other people do.
Juso3D

Welcome to Gildor Forums

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2018, 08:58 »

Can use the vgmstream tool to convert ue4opus to wav format.

Blender + Linux User Here.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: