Gildor's Forums

Author Topic: [UE3] [IOS] Infinity Blade 2  (Read 855 times)
Gonzo/Kralich

View Profile
[UE3] [IOS] Infinity Blade 2
« on: December 26, 2018, 21:44 »

Hi,

I've been trying to dig into the Infinity Blade 2 files for some time now and have been unsuccessful. Attempts to rip open Infinity Blade 1 and Infinity Blade 3's files have been very successful, barring sound files, but the exact same method doesn't yield results for IB2. Every time I attempt to export any package - whether that be one with static meshes, sprites, or skeletal meshes within - this error pops out of Umodel:

"Package "CookedIPhone/BOSS_6ft_2H_Exo-Pilot_SF.xxx": wrong import index 1901053792
UnPackage::CreateImport:CookedIPhone/BOSS_6ft_2H_Exo-Pilot_SF.xxx:1901053792 <- UnPackage::SerializeUObject <- TArray::Serialize:0/1 <- SerializeFMaterialResource <- LoadObject:Material3'BOSS_6ft_2H_Exo-Pilot_SF.M_EXO_Pilot', pos=36E8F, ver=864/1, game=ue3 <- UObject::EndLoad <- LoadWholePackage:BOSS_6ft_2H_Exo-Pilot_SF <- ExportPackages <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main:umodel_build=898"

(Obviously the specific file/package it struggles with changes, but the error message remains the same).

Someone I've been working with on this has been able to export one or two things but otherwise has the exact same issue.

Is there any fix to this? Do our umodel tools simply require some kind of fine-tuning? Are the game's packages differently laid-out? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
Re: [UE3] [IOS] Infinity Blade 2
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2018, 00:16 »

Hi,

I've tried my local copy of Infinity Blade 2 files, same file. Everything works well. However, in my case files has version 842.1, in your case - 864.1 - newer engine. I'd suggest looking for another game's download, may be you'll get success opening other files.

Another opportunity is to "hack" package file version telling umodel that package is newer or older. This is possible with use of pkgver=... option. For instance, if I'll use -pkgver=864 with my copy of files, I'm getting exactly the same error as yours. May be telling "-pkgver=842" will help you opening your files?
Gonzo/Kralich

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2018, 00:45 »

Ah, I see. Thanks for your response - I'll give that a go, but in case that doesn't work either, would you be okay with uploading your version of the IB2 files somewhere? It'd probably be better in the long run, too, than having to use a hacky solution like manually setting the package version every time (even if it does work).

I'd greatly appreciate it, I've had great finds so far digging through IB3 and some of IB1, so I'm really hoping to get the chance to crack open IB2 too.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2018, 11:05 »

Did you ever try adding -pkgver=nnn option to the command line? You're asking me to spend a day making a hack for this game to save a few seconds for you.
Jump to: