March 28, 2024, 16:35
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas 2  (Read 159 times)
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« on: January 02, 2024, 04:33 »

Game: Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 (steam page)
UE3 version: 241/71

Apparently the game has changed a bit after patches were released at some point. You can use specific build from this topic with existing override option to reduce crashes in patched versions, but compatibility remains the same as in vanilla builds - animations are not supported, and most textures are not loaded properly because the game is using external analog for tfc with its own format.  

It's working something like this: textures from rmpc packages are addressing usdx cache for almost all bulk data, while textures from uppc packages are partially stored in the package and partially addressing external cache, which may be stores outside of the folder. You can use attached quickbms script to extract raw textures from usdx files (first mip only by default, can be changed in the script). They're mostly DXT1 and DXT5 textures, and it's possible to use rawtex by id-daemon or similar tools for converting them. Supporting this format in umodel is hardly possible.

* r6v2_usdx_extract.bms (1.3 KB - downloaded 39 times.)
* Rawtex.zip (18.5 KB - downloaded 20 times.)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2024, 01:27 by spiritovod » Logged
GameBreaker

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2024, 08:39 »

Seems certain packages have an issue with UV sets, which is odd.

Another package with the same issue, just a different number, is the Host_Workers package in the same folder as the one below.

I was exporting with PSK selected as the export format for reference.

```
SkeletalMesh has 96 UV sets
ConvertLod: lod=1 <- USkeletalMesh3::ConvertMesh <- USkeletalMesh3::PostLoad <- PostLoad: RS5TVGirlE3_torso <- UObject::EndLoad <- LoadWholePackage: KellerGame/CookedPC/Packages/Characters_Weapons_Props/RS5Host_Females.uppc <- ExportPackages <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main: umodel_build=1579 based
```
« Last Edit: January 11, 2024, 08:41 by GameBreaker » Logged
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2024, 17:20 »

@GameBreaker: I couldn't reproduce the mentioned issue. You probably forgot to use game specific override, which is Unreal 3 -> Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 here.
GameBreaker

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2024, 19:39 »

So I double checked on my laptop:

- Made Sure To Have The Vegas 2 Profile Selected
- Disabled Animations

I still get the issue, now on the character armor package:

```
Skeletal Mesh Has 21 UV Sets
```

```
ConvertLod: lod=0 <- USkeletalMesh3::ConvertMesh <- USkeletalMesh3::PostLoad <- PostLoad: RS5MPC_ARMOR_HVY_MIL_ArmL <- UObject::EndLoad <- LoadWholePackage: KellerGame/CookedPC/Packages/Characters_Weapons_Props/RS5MPCharacters_Armor.uppc <- ExportPackages <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main: umodel_build=1579 based
```

I also had it occur on the weapons package in the same folder on a second step through of all my steps, but it said 16 UV Sets now instead 21.

However, everything else worked after that second step through of all my steps, including the above, and mind you, I am exporting these packages and their contents individually. So I am unsure if this is some data buffer issue, or something like that, but it does still occur, even with the R6V2 profile. If I could show you it occuring on Discord or such, let me know, I'd be happy to.

Edit: I also double checked a third time, and then the weapons package worked, so it seems their is some issue that occurs after some many extraction of package contents is done where it causes a UV error.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2024, 19:42 by GameBreaker » Logged
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2024, 23:15 »

@GameBreaker: Oh, apparently it's the same issue as mentioned here. It should be fixed now for all affected games, including this one, in the updated build.
GameBreaker

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2024, 23:48 »

Thank you for the help. Cheers.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: