March 29, 2024, 10:01
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Project name has been changed  (Read 14173 times)
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: February 01, 2011, 01:08 »

I have changed the full name of the umodel ("Unreal Model Viewer") to the "UE Viewer" due to the request from the Epic Games. "Unreal" is a registered trademark and its usage in the program name is not correct.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 02:24 by esr911 » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 01:11 »

Also changing the name will allow me to support non-model resource types Wink
pixellegolas
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 02:26 »

hehe cool, big brother is watching you Smiley
Tosyk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2011, 04:52 »

Also changing the name will allow me to support non-model resource types Wink
For example what resources, i think umodel.exe, and you Gildor has managed to research all resources in ue games.

p.s.: Heh, i'm just wondering why they took so long..)

Коллекционирую игровые модели.
my blog - http://cgig.ru
NexusElite
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2011, 05:28 »

Heh didn't think they would do that.

zardalu
Gold Sponsor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2011, 07:53 »

I often wondered what Epic would think of your program. At the very least your program increases general interest in their engine. It also generates game sales.... I have purchased dozens of Unreal Engine games as a result of your program, which I would not have purchased if UE Viewer did not exist.
NexusElite
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2011, 09:06 »

In a way, it influence both ways. I buy the game for itself, umodel would be a plus if it's supported with unreal engine. Though, i fear some company may not even bother to use the engine, because of umodel ability.

Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2011, 10:45 »

That's the part of message (hope I have rights to publish this Smiley)
You've got an interesting product.  Thanks for your support of the Unreal marketplace.
So you can see what Epic thinks about umodel.
SLI_Fallen
Silver Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2011, 17:12 »

Hmmm... Lets hope "interesting" does not really mean "threatening". One thing is for sure. Your on the radar now.  Cool
Eliot_VU

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2011, 11:41 »

Nice to know. Guess i'll have to rename my own program named "Unreal Explorer" as well then (damn I liked that name  Cry)

If you're curious about my program then watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIeEk61YfBk  Tongue
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 11:44 by Eliot_VU » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2011, 13:43 »

Nice program Smiley
I also liked the name "Unreal Model Viewer". Sigh ...
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 11:20 by gildor » Logged
deema78

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2017, 12:59 »

i don't really understand how the fuk you are not world famous, by now. I don't think that hardly anyone in the world knows that your  tool allows them to do just ridiculous ridiculous cool sh!t without almost any knowledge. I'm a network engineer and a heavyweight digital designer in AE but even your cli is as simple as any cli gets, there is essentially no one from the ages of 7 to 70 that can not extract fully animated commercial grade meshes. I'm gonna make a dope ass tut that will take folks from uviewer download to complete project build in AE through Max, in a WAY better tut than exists anywhere on net that i can find, now... Export from uviewer.. import psk/psa to max... export obj seq to AE... dopest sh!t ever

Crazy that XNALara and static rendering is the current "king" of mesh extraction final outputs and not something fully animated... It is only cause folks just don't know how easy it is with your tech
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2017, 13:13 »

Haha, thanks Smiley

At least umodel is a little bit more popular than "WoW model viewer" now. Global site ranks:
https://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/wowmodelviewer.net - WoW model viewer is 413,000th in the world
https://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/gildor.org - gildor.org is 283,000th in the world

But looking for "model viewer" in google will show WoW viewer for a few first links. I think it's crazy because this is a viewer for just one very old game.
san
Silver Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2017, 12:20 »

Like many said before, thanks for the tool and your continued support! I have learned so much about how games are made and how animation works using your tool. Alos purchased a truck load of Unreal engine games from Steam just cause of your tool! How I wish there is a similar tool for Unity games. I have tried different tools, some of them works for some games etc. But nothing like UE Viewer which works consistently over so many versions of the engine. Plus the UI is so simple and effective.
Cheers
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2020, 20:43 »

Another one "project name changed" story is here - https://www.gildor.org/smf/index.php/topic,6734.0.html

This time, with Altova.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: