Gildor's Forums

Author Topic: Marvel Heroes 2015 problems (Been out of Beta for a LONG time)  (Read 4984 times)
Zazaaji

View Profile
Marvel Heroes 2015 problems (Been out of Beta for a LONG time)
« on: August 09, 2014, 06:27 »

I saw the Marvel Heroes beta thread, but the game has been out of beta for a very long time now, and they just released a new version along with a huge patch that screwed up the game with umodel.

Anyway, when you load umodel with any upk from the game now, it recognizes the file name, and all meshes appear with no problems. Heck, it even extracts models without any issues whatsoever. All textures, however, say "Error: BulkOffset = -1" when you try to extract them, causing only 64x64 textures to be extracted. Pretty big problem. I am running umodel in the game's upk directory itself, so no files have been moved or anything.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 07:18 by Zazaaji » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
Re: Marvel Heroes 2015 problems (Been out of Beta for a LONG time)
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2014, 08:12 »

Yes, that's known issue with Marvel Heroes. You could notice it if you'd read the "beta" thread.
I spent a few days on this game trying to figure out how to fix that, with no success. I don't want to waste my time anymore, so this game will be only partially supported. There are more important tasks in my umodel's TODO list (Unreal engine 4). Sorry.
Zazaaji

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2014, 09:47 »

No, I'm sorry, I didn't read the other thread as much as I should have.

Still, check that other thread, there are some people I found that have managed to extract the textures from Marvel Heroes without problems. There is even a GTA: San Andreas mod to add the character in Marvel Heroes, with 1024x1024 resolution textures.

I don't have any clue how they did it, but if you have time/get bored enough, you might want to check that link to those forums to see how the member named "Tribalizer" managed to do it. Unfortunately, I do not understand a lot of it, because it's far too advanced for me.

Again, sorry for not reading that thread enough, and thank you for your time.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 09:49 by Zazaaji » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2014, 10:30 »

It's okay Smiley
Regarding to textures, I believe there's enough various rippers which could easily extract textures (but not skinned geometry and animations).
Zazaaji

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2014, 22:44 »

I have tried many, all to no avail. DX Ripper, Texmod, Ninja Ripper, 3D Via Printscren, even some ones not in English that I cannot remember the names of.

The only reason I have any textures at all is because of Triblazer's thread, and the Russian GTA:SA GotG mod they link to too.
pepsiguy_2

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2014, 11:57 »

Ninja Ripper works buddy. You have to set the wrapper to DirectX11.
Bedlam

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2014, 23:34 »

Which upk files contain the meshes for this game?
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2014, 23:50 »

Why don't you check by yourself?
Read this:
http://www.gildor.org/smf/index.php/topic,2468.msg17763.html#msg17763
Jump to: