Gildor's Forums

Author Topic: Mass Effect 3 - Trying to find the star kid  (Read 5993 times)
The Fobbinger

View Profile
Mass Effect 3 - Trying to find the star kid
« on: July 16, 2012, 07:14 »

Hi guys,

I am trying to find the meshes and textures for the star kid that bothers everyone at the end of ME3.
I have already started a bit but I am stuck. Ok, first of all, I have the extended cut (EC) dlc installed.
If i open the EC sfar I can extract the BioD_END002DLC_004GUARDIAN.pcc.
Within that pcc, there is a skeletal mesh called HMM_ARM_GRD_MDL, which is a mesh for the boy. However, I could not find textures that relate to the weird white shiny effects we see in the game. The textures that seem to belong to that mesh (HMM_ARM_GRD_MDL_diff, HMM_ARM_GRD_MDL_norm and HMM_ARM_GRD_MDL_spec) are the ones for the boy as he appears in the beginning of the game and the dream sequences. However, I am not sure if the shiny effect is reallz a texture/material or if it is some other kind of visual effect and the mesh is actually the right one.
Another weird point here is that the original BioD_END002_004GUARDIAN.pcc does not include the mesh for the boy. It is just in the pcc file of the EC dlc. Not sure what that means.
Anyway, I have not been successful in replacing or modifying the mesh yet so I can't tell if the one I found is the right one or not.

If anyone has found the mesh (or the textures or anything) for the star kid, could they please let me know?
That'd be great, thanks.
Cheers!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 07:34 by The Fobbinger » Logged
pontius911

View Profile
Re: Mass Effect 3 - Trying to find the star kid
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 11:10 »

I am not completely sure, but i think there is only one mesh and texture of star kid. I dont know where to find the kid, but if you want to make hologram or spirit of him you can just edit it in Unreal material editor. Create white square with photoshop or something else and import it in UDK. Then just edit it in Unreal material editor with transparency option.
The Fobbinger

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2012, 17:13 »

Thanks but I think you misunderstand my intention. I want to edit the kid in the game. In principle, I know how to do it but I need to know where to find it.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 20:10 by The Fobbinger » Logged
luk3us

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2012, 14:37 »

BioD_End002_500Choice

Is where the star kid is hiding.
The Fobbinger

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2012, 05:02 »

Wow, thanks man! I'll check it out.