Gildor's Forums

Author Topic: Dishonored sounds  (Read 14712 times)
zoping

View Profile
Dishonored sounds
« on: October 13, 2012, 08:54 »

I exported some .wav audio files, but can't open them (VLC, WMP, WMP Classic). Converted to .ogg, still the problem is not solved =\
Smb knows a proper converter for these .wav files?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 08:16 by gildor » Logged
Pepper
Sponsor

View Profile
Dishonored
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2012, 18:37 »

after ww2ogg conversion, you need to revorb them. I got revorb.exe from hcs forums somewhere, I'll upload my setup I use for dishonored.

http://filz.us/QG

Basically revorb adds the granules back to the vorbis files, so most players can decode them again. The way i have my setup is that you drag a .pck onto bnkextractor, then copy the extracted wave files into this folder, then you run 0.bat to convert to ogg, then you run 00001.bat to revorb.
zoping

View Profile
Dishonored
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2012, 21:13 »

*___*
Pepper, it works! You are some kind of genius)) Thanks a lot!)
Pepper
Sponsor

View Profile
Dishonored
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2012, 22:12 »

Yeah, I had a hell of a time figuring this all out myself when ww2wise audio first came on the scene. it doesnt help they keep updating the codebooks on newer games now (the -pcb flag in 0.bat can be changed between the codebook bins, only two so far, but like fsb they'll keep updating it to newer versions i bet.)
JPulowski

View Profile
Dishonored
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2012, 02:50 »

after ww2ogg conversion, you need to revorb them. I got revorb.exe from hcs forums somewhere, I'll upload my setup I use for dishonored.

Basically revorb adds the granules back to the vorbis files, so most players can decode them again. The way i have my setup is that you drag a .pck onto bnkextractor, then copy the extracted wave files into this folder, then you run 0.bat to convert to ogg, then you run 00001.bat to revorb.
Thanks I was looking for a way to extract audio files and I found it. But it seems some databanks cannot be unpacked. I tried to unpack "Bank_Music_Brothel.pck" file but unfortunately nothing happened. Also do you know which databank has the audio recordings and character voices?
Pepper
Sponsor

View Profile
Dishonored
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2012, 04:51 »

Thanks I was looking for a way to extract audio files and I found it. But it seems some databanks cannot be unpacked. I tried to unpack "Bank_Music_Brothel.pck" file but unfortunately nothing happened. Also do you know which databank has the audio recordings and character voices?
Oh ok, the music is a different type of pck, but it's still filled with riff headers, I'd use a riff scanner on it, audiorip is one i've been using for two years +
http://filz.us/26j
unzip that, and drag Bank_Music_Brothel.pck onto it, should make a folder in the location of Bank_Music_Brothel.pck called AUDIORIP_000_[Bank_Music_Brothel.pck]. then you can copy the wav files into the ww2oggprogs i linked before, and do the two batch files, 0.bat and then the other in that order. Also i'd have to check myself, but the Bk_something.int files seem to be similar to pck, but modified like the music ones, they have the voices i'd suspect.
n-g-neer

View Profile
Dishonored
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2012, 19:29 »

Hi everyone,

I know my question may not involve UE Viewer but anyway...

I've been trying to extract sounds from the retail version of Dishonored (in French) for a while now. I've successfully extracted, converted and revorbed just about every sound files of the game, both with PCK and FRA formats,  but I haven't been able to find any of the announcements broadcasted by the City Watch. I've already found the noises the speakers make just before and after a message but not the messages themselves. Do you have any idea where to look ?

Thanks in advance.
kilik

View Profile
Re: Dishonored sounds
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2012, 05:13 »

someone can help i don't understand how extract sound
kilik

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2012, 00:00 »

sorry i forget plz Smiley
CaptainAbrecan

View Profile
Re: Dishonored
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2013, 01:22 »

Hi everyone,

I know my question may not involve UE Viewer but anyway...

I've been trying to extract sounds from the retail version of Dishonored (in French) for a while now. I've successfully extracted, converted and revorbed just about every sound files of the game, both with PCK and FRA formats,  but I haven't been able to find any of the announcements broadcasted by the City Watch. I've already found the noises the speakers make just before and after a message but not the messages themselves. Do you have any idea where to look ?

Thanks in advance.

Feel like being a gent and maybe doing a upload of the sound effects?  Machinery whirring, chains clinking?
not.razvn

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2014, 13:27 »

How did you extract the sound files? I use umodel but it always gives me the wrong tag message
Jump to: