March 29, 2024, 16:24
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Life is Strange 2  (Read 4069 times)
IgelRM

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2020, 23:33 »

The game uses the Wwise audio middleware.

First extract the Audio PAK files with UnrealPak (UE4 SDK).
Code:
UnrealPak.exe "YOUR_PATH/LIS2-WindowsNoEditor-E1-Audio.pak" -extract "OUTPUT_FOLDER"
Convert the wem files to ogg using ww2ogg with the "packed_codebooks_aoTuV_603" argument.
Batch file:
Code:
for %%f in (../*.WEM) do ww2ogg.exe ../%%f --pcb packed_codebooks_aoTuV_603.bin
pause
for %%f in (../*.ogg) do revorb.exe ../%%f
pause
Convert the audio embedded in the soundbank (bnk) files using BNKExtract.

It is also possible to play back directly and convert wem files using vgmstream and foobar player.

The VO wem files have names embedded in them, one can use strings2 to dump them.

https://github.com/hcs64/ww2ogg
https://github.com/rickvg/Wwise-BNKExtract
https://github.com/losnoco/vgmstream
« Last Edit: June 16, 2020, 00:38 by IgelRM » Logged
adamthephantom

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2020, 00:03 »

Thank you  Grin
kirwish

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2021, 14:27 »

First of all, thank you for that wonderful program that can extract source from game. Today I extrackted model and animation. Wonderful

But one question, could that program extract facial and hair animation? Look like I extracted only skeleton animation, but no facial animation: lips, eyes, hair didn't moved at all

on the link animated gif from blender (with game animation PG5_RTC_DAN_E1_8A_MotelRoom_VSEnding_XS_CH_XS_DAN_V10) there no face animation

I tried extracted something like "anim/lipsinc/" but in console got something like "Exported 0/0 objects in 0.0 sec". Where any way to extract face animation or something like shape keys for angry/happy emotions?

Thank you
Juso3D

Welcome to Gildor Forums

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2021, 09:51 »

I believe exporting morph targets (Shape Keys in Blender) is a planned thing, currently they are viewing only in umodel.

Blender + Linux User Here.
kirwish

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2021, 10:12 »

I believe exporting morph targets (Shape Keys in Blender) is a planned thing, currently they are viewing only in umodel.

Big thank you for your answer!

How to a look at morph (shape keys) in Umodel? I am load model and animation of LiS2. Animation is worked, but cant see morphs. Look like need to press ctrl+[ or ] , but that didn't get anything. Maybe LiS2 didn't use morphs (shape keys)?

I want to do some animation with models LiS2 in Blender. But don't know how to animate face. Can't extract animation from game, and only see way to use Blender's "FaceIt!" plugin to fast build shape keys and use something like iPhone FaceID to animate face (but need to buy this plugin and iPhone... expancive way)

Now only got cold face coub.com/view/2o1fa5 (remap Oblivion umpa dance animation to UE skeleton)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2021, 10:19 by kirwish » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2021, 10:19 »

How to a look at morph (shape keys) in Umodel? I am load model and animation of LiS2. Animation is worked, but cant see morphs. Look like need to press ctrl+[ or ] , but that didn't get anything. Maybe LiS2 didn't use morphs (shape keys)?
Some instructions are here:
https://www.gildor.org/smf/index.php/topic,6831.0.html
IgelRM

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2021, 22:40 »

UModel never detected any morphs for LIS2. Maybe Umodel's morph support doesn't work for this game or it uses a custom system for facial animations.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2021, 02:07 »

May be this game has no morphs, or you just didn't notice them.
cesm1980

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2021, 03:58 »

And finally there's a tool from Akderebur in https://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=24009 able to support the acl compressed animations from episodes 4 and 5 ! I already tested a few and seem to be working perfectly so far, lets hope there no problems in any of them (obviously i can't test them all), glad we have now this alternative while there's no support for acl in umodel. The ones from episodes 1-3 were not compressed with ACL so they already worked in umodel.

IgelRM

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2021, 16:12 »

Thanks for updating here. Can you provide a step by step guide? What I tried:

1. Export model CH_MM_SEAN_V30.gltf, save skeleton CH_SK_MM.uasset and animation PG5_RTC_Talkie_E5_2A_Nothing_HideAndSeek_SeanWins.uasset
2. Copy fmt_Nux.py to Noesis/plugins/python and use Noesis to covert model from GLTF to NUX.
3. Use ACLViewer to load the NUX model, load skeleton uasset and load anim uasset.
4. Animation should play? Export to NUX and use Noesis to convert to FBX?
cesm1980

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2021, 15:09 »

Apparently PG5_RTC_Talkie_E5_2A_Nothing_HideAndSeek_SeanWins is not using Sean's skeleton file, it appears to be a object animation, when in doubt which skeleton a animation uses, try exporting the package instead of saving package, and look at the console, obviously it gives the error about wrong compressedtrackoffsets but you can also see which skeleton the animation uses :

Loading Skeleton SK_Tech_WalkieTalkie01_Skeleton from package /Game/Enviro/PROM/Ep3/Obj/Tech/Skeletals/SK_Tech_WalkieTalkie01_Skeleton.uasset

As you see it's not Sean's skeleton, this is the animation for the walkietalkie object on the cutscenes rather than Sean characters, as far i know besides the name on the package it's the only way to know which skeleton a package uses, i hope there is another way but i have no idea.

Altough unfortunately i tried other animations which do actually use Sean's skeleton and still, something not right indeed, the models Daniel and Mom work fine with their animations, but not Sean, i have to contact the author of the tool again to see what's happening.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2021, 15:30 by cesm1980 » Logged
IgelRM

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2021, 15:40 »

Oh right. It's also labeled Talkie and not Sean. PG5_RTC_SEAN_E5_2A_Nothing_HideAndSeek_SeanWins_MM is what I should have saved. This one still doesn't appear to work as you hinted at unfortunately. Maybe related to the animation blueprint stuff. Tested a Dan anim, which worked.

Also command line automation or similar would be useful for ACL so one can convert many anims conveniently.
kirwish

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2022, 14:32 »

Here any news for extract facial animation? I try to find good relationship with Skyrim tri format to add there custom head with facial animation, but if there anyway to extract facial animation from LiS2, then it great help to get and put that facial animation to Skyrim.
That video show my current situation. I am not good in creating shape keys from zero. So for now just open mouth in dialogue like nutcracker (щелкунчик) Wink
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
I want not animation movement hands/legs, I want to find way to extract facial animation.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2022, 21:19 by kirwish » Logged
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2022, 03:18 »

Animations from the game are now properly supported in ACL 1.3 build from this topic. Previously only native UE animations were supported. Don't forget to force engine version to 4.16, otherwise it may be auto-detected incorrectly.

* Clipboard03.jpg (91.08 KB, 2546x1233 - viewed 101 times.)
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: