April 16, 2024, 21:31
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: RUNE II: Decapitation Edition  (Read 652 times)
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« on: November 19, 2020, 20:24 »

Game: RUNE II: Decapitation Edition (steam page)
UE4 version: 4.25 (current version), 4.22+ (previous versions)

All works fine - including meshes, textures and animations - with the latest umodel build (1437 at the moment). Some materials are custom. Also, don't forget to switch shaders mode with Ctrl+G for models with "glowing" effect. And don't try to load root game folder into umodel - the game comes with server files included, which are not supported by umodel and it can confuse you. Load only client files, which are in "game folder\Rune".

Decapitation Edition is reworked version of initial Rune II release, dropped by original devs at some point and picked up by new company. Original Rune II was removed from all stores and currently not available.
Current version is not encrypted, but some early versions of initial game requires AES key, which can be found at usual place.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2020, 16:09 by spiritovod » Logged
venkman
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2020, 05:58 »

I'm not seeing any meshes when I load this one up. It's saying "mesh has no LODs". Am I doing something wrong? Would love to get a proper look in on this one. Skeleton and bones are all there... but no meshes are viewable.
animanXPS

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2020, 06:55 »

Perhaps you are referencing the PAK in the Server directory. Somewhere there is a PAK over 20GB in another folder.
Or maybe you had to load both. However, there aren't many character assets in this game.
The game itself is a small piece of work, like Early Access.
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2020, 16:01 »

Yes, I forgot to mention that you should load only client part into umodel, since the game comes with server files as well, which are not supported by model. Updated the first post.
iicnx

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2023, 02:12 »

please help me, I can't help but get the Rune 2 localization files
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2023, 02:04 »

@iicnx: Such assets are out of scope of umodel and this forum in general. You can try fmodel to get localization assets and some related tools to work with them (like UE4LocalizationsTool), but it's better to address such issues to respective modding communities.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: