Gildor's Forums

Author Topic: Animation Compression Library (ACL) support  (Read 1378 times)
FDArtZz

View Profile
Animation Compression Library (ACL) support
« on: June 20, 2021, 19:01 »

Some games like Valorant (https://www.gildor.org/smf/index.php/topic,7040.0.html) use ACL ( https://github.com/nfrechette/acl ) and Umodel crash and dont export the animations.

What i want to know if this will get support with UModel or is it something that is not important atm to get added.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2021, 09:41 by Gildor » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
Re: Animation Compression Library support
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2021, 20:23 »

I do not have plans for supporting ACL. It's third party library, and it is not widely used.
I know that Epic assisted the library's developer with UE4 integration, however they did not consider it as a core feature, and it says something. They probably were just interested in proper plugin interface to engine's animation system.
FDArtZz

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2021, 23:59 »

Okay sad but I expected this! Still thanks for letting us know! Smiley
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2021, 00:24 »

If there will be 10-15 games using this library, I'll consider integration (if it will not break anything in UModel)
spiritovod

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2021, 16:02 »

I was planning to create an updated list with games, which are using ACL compression, for statistics and better navigation in the future, to simplify possible tests and such. The list contains links to corresponding forum topics, if present.

Currently there is third party tool for such animations, created by akderebur. You can get it along with instruction from this topic at xentax. It should work with all games, mentioned in the list, except Fortnite (Fortnite animations can be exported in Fmodel since version 4.0.2).

Desktop games:
All latest Dontnod's games: two last episodes of Life is Strange 2, Twin Mirror, Tell Me Why, most likely all their future releases as well.
Beyond a Steel Sky, Chivalry 2, Fortnite (partially), Kena: Bridge of Spirits, Remnant: From the Ashes (current version), Rogue Company (current version), Star Wars: Tales From The Galaxy's Edge, The Ascent, The Dark Pictures Anthology: House of Ashes, Valorant (partially).

Mobile games:
Apex Legends Mobile (current version), Dislyte, Marvel Future Revolution, Mir4, Ni no Kuni: Cross Worlds, PUBG Mobile (current version).

Console games:
No More Heroes 3
« Last Edit: October 23, 2021, 04:46 by spiritovod » Logged
babymammoth

View Profile
Re: Animation Compression Library (ACL) support
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2021, 22:51 »

looks like we've met the 10-15 games threshold for the support to be added  cool
BetaX

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2021, 17:19 »

Also Lost ark and Apex Legends Mobile Smiley
Blenux

Welcome to Gildor Forums

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2021, 17:59 »

looks like we've met the 10-15 games threshold for the support to be added  cool

Remember also though:

I'll consider integration (if it will not break anything in UModel)

Blender + Linux User Here.
Jump to: