Gildor's Forums

Author Topic: Tera Online: Facial&Hair Animation  (Read 12602 times)
Agence

View Profile
Re: Tera Online: Facial&Hair Animation
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2012, 21:16 »

When I was using ActorX v1.16 to load animations everything ran smooth.  I could save a file, close max, open max up again and reload animations onto the bones.  I updated to ActorX 1.24 to use Force Mesh Translation to fix some facial animation problems and I'm running into some issues.

Like the OP said, loading a model, saving, closing max, reopening the same model and then trying to add an animation does not work.  It actually only puts the animation on Dummy_root and nothing else.  I have to re-import the PSK bones which allows me to add animations again like normal.  I've tried this with both the removeanimation in and out of the script. 

Any help would be great.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 21:25 by Agence » Logged
RAKSHASRAJA

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2012, 22:54 »

When I was using ActorX v1.16 to load animations everything ran smooth.  I could save a file, close max, open max up again and reload animations onto the bones.  I updated to ActorX 1.24 to use Force Mesh Translation to fix some facial animation problems and I'm running into some issues.

Like the OP said, loading a model, saving, closing max, reopening the same model and then trying to add an animation does not work.  It actually only puts the animation on Dummy_root and nothing else.  I have to re-import the PSK bones which allows me to add animations again like normal.  I've tried this with both the removeanimation in and out of the script. 

Any help would be great.

Exactly the same issue i'm running into! Anybody?!
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2012, 08:30 »

UE3 has some feature in animation system which requires some information from the mesh (to be exact, it needs bind pose). That's why ActorX Importer relies on the loaded mesh. Importer versions prior to 1.18 had no support for such animation and did not require skeleton to be loaded.
Jump to: