April 18, 2024, 06:25
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Reading ukx files from Killingfloor  (Read 15287 times)
esr911
Silver Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2009, 18:16 »

Ok i finished the tutorial and Uploaded Made by Me Dany2525

Enjoy Wink Wink Wink Wink Grin

http://www.scribd.com/doc/15996600/Tutorial-Killing-Floor-UKX

Hey Danny, Not that I'm thick or anything. I follow your tutorial very easily. It would be fun if you did a video for the N00b's. Smiley

Great Job

One small correction though to your manual. All you have to do is change the C2 to a C1 in the first byte second character and Umodel will read and extract the file perfectly. You don't have to export it again though UnrealED 2004. I tested it and it works with Animation, Textures, and view only StaticMesh.

Also the same trick works for Textures. Go to the Killing Floor folder, and make a copy Characters_tex.utx now rename it to just Characters.utx, then change the C2 to a C1. Then open it in umodel, and it will work perfectly.

Do the same thing with Static Meshes (*.usx) and you will see it in Umodel. (no export of StaticMesh has been implemented yet)

For those who are absolutely clueless, and don't have a HEX Editor. I want to thank Chrrox for recommending HxD Hex Editor to me, It's really easy fun and it's Free: http://mh-nexus.de/en/hxd/

..:: ESR 911 ::..

« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 18:41 by esr911 » Logged
dany25

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2009, 20:00 »

Yes your right Umodel can directly read this file KF_Freaks_Trip.ukx but not all the others files like KF_Soldier_Trip.ukx...
you need to do my trick with unrealed from ut2004 also for the textures i save in dds with killingfloor unrealed
esr911
Silver Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2009, 20:16 »

Yes your right Umodel can directly read this file KF_Freaks_Trip.ukx but not all the others files like KF_Soldier_Trip.ukx...
you need to do my trick with unrealed from ut2004 also for the textures i save in dds with killingfloor unrealed

(KF_Freaks_Trip.ukx)
Their seems to be an error, it works if you use a -noanim. Thus it's a problem with a wrong tag in the package having to do with animation.

My recommendation is to try to extract as much as you can with Umodel if you get an error about a Wrong tag in package, then use your UT2004 trick. That is of course if you have UT2004 Wink

..:: ESR911 ::..
NexusElite
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2009, 08:07 »

So we need the UT4 game for this to work then? even though like if we only have KF ?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 08:11 by NexusElite » Logged

esr911
Silver Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2009, 18:11 »

The new version of umodel fully supports Killing Floor, which includes Mesh,Texture,Animation & StaticMesh support.

..:: ESR911 ::..
« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 18:18 by esr911 » Logged
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: