March 29, 2024, 12:32
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: [iOS] Bioshock  (Read 3388 times)
Ecelon

View Profile
« on: December 05, 2015, 00:44 »

Sorry to be a pain. I keep getting this error whenever I try to view any .pkg file:

Trying to allocate -1641380927 bytes
appMalloc:size=-1641380927 <- FUE3ArchiveReader::PrepareBuffer <- FUE3ArchiveReader::Serialize <- FString<< <- Name:0 <- UnPackage::LoadNameTable <- UnPackage::UnPackage:Payload/bioshock.app/GathererGirl.pkg, ver=141/56, game=2103 <- UnPackage::LoadPackage:Payload/bioshock.app/GathererGirl.pkg <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main:umodel_version=413

I've set the GUI platform to "IOS". I can upload a few sample files if you would like as well. I'm also using the latest version of uModel!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 01:20 by Gildor » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2015, 00:55 »

Was iOS Bioshock supported before? I heard about this port, but don't remember if anyone tried it. If yes (supported) - I'd need to fix that. If not - read the following:

I'd ask you to use PC version instead. Bioshock has very custom engine, a lot of effort were made to support it, much more than for other games. Different platforms has differences from PC version, so supporting them will require even more work because required changes will not be generic, i.e. not reused by other supported/unsupported games. This is not a bug - they are simply not fully supported.

(I've combined 2 posts in a single one just to save your and my time while waiting for answer)
Ecelon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2015, 01:04 »

I tried viewing / extracting the files with an older version. Since it doesn't work, I guess the game is unsupported. As usual, you've been a great help mate, thanks.

On the bright side, I bought the second one on PC 2 days ago. Only problem I've had, is alpha map for some reason LOL

Thanks again Smiley
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2015, 01:07 »

"Alpha map" - did you mean bad texture, or incorrect appearance of mesh in UModel's viewer?
Ecelon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2015, 01:41 »

At the bottom of the apron, there's a white-ish patch, I believe that's meant to be Transparent. I didn't find any mask maps that go with the model when I extracted the .U archive. Than again, I haven't played the game yet, so I could be mistaken.

Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2015, 01:48 »

Ok. Nice shot Smiley
Probably you didn't know, but Ctrl+Q will switch off colorful lines of coordinate system axes (for better shots). This is available as option in menu.
Ecelon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2015, 01:50 »

Thanks for the heads up. I will keep it in mind from now on Smiley
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: