March 28, 2024, 19:30
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Prepare to support BioShock Infinite?  (Read 52880 times)
dragbody
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2013, 09:17 »

gildor - Congratulations on your successful move. I hope you are seeing desires of yours fulfilled. Please take all the time you need to get settled and comfortable in your new home. Your contributions to the modding community are already vast and invaluable. We will always welcome future contributions, but we're certainly not entitled to them. Thanks again and I wish you all the best with your new life in the UK.
stonecoldnuts
Silver Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2013, 14:39 »

Very well said, dragbody! Best of luck, Gildor - it sounds very exciting for you and the family!
Nobby76

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2013, 03:16 »

Unfortunately I have much more things to do for moving forward to Bioshock 3 reversing.

1. Rent a home, currently we're living in temporary apartment and must move in 2 weeks.
2. Find suitable Internet provider - currently all I can buy is 3G USB dongle with very expensive limited intertet offers (~ £15 for 2Gb of traffic, that's £135 ~ $200 just to obtain 17Gb of Bioshock 3); there's no unlimited 3G offers in UK! I thought UK is very technological country, but Russia is much better in mobile networks and home internet areas.
3. To buy a PC. I'll get my notebook soon. Perhaps I'll be able to use it for reverse engineering, but it's too unpowerful to run even UT3, so which performance could I expect for running a Bioshock 3? I checked UK shops for desktop PC offers - there are a lot of "brands" here (like HP, Dell) which are too expensive, and no ordinary PCs. This is another area where Russia moved forward - I could buy relatively good PC (non-brand) just for $300-400. Perhaps I'll buy a PC on Amazon, collecting it part-by-part. Also I'm looking for used PC which would be good enough to run a 2-3 years old game. I have a lot of things to do for my family here, and PC has much lower priority in our family budget, so used PC could be a solution. One of my friends (warrantyvoider) offers me his used PC, but it will be too expensive to send it over the postal from Germany to UK ...

So, you may see that there's not "just download the game and reverse it" Sad

Regarding the "no name" PC.  There is no such thing as a no name pc in england unless you build it yourself.  And if you do its WAAAAY cheaper than any named equivalent pc. order online ( from somewhere like over clockers) rather than walking into a shop and buying the parts yourself, again it will be a lot cheaper.  you can build a dual core 3ghz pc with a decent gfx card and hdd space for less than £350 if you buy the parts online.

also for internet. Go with virgin media.  Im currently running the 100mbit unlimited package ( the fastest internet in the uk) and totally limit free, i can download 24/7 if i want... often i do Smiley
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2013, 13:01 »

Thank you for recommendations, Nobby76 Smiley
MegaScience

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2013, 23:47 »

I just want to say how much I do appreciate your program. I actually noticed Ninja Ripper promotes your website on theirs, but... Well, their method makes sense, but it just comes out inefficient sadly. And making it do proper cleanup would be even more process intensive, so there's really no fixing it. I end up with GBs of excess, duplicate files from that method. Your program can be more pin-point, even though I can't just capture directly what I want. Even if this doesn't get updated, thanks for the effort and I'll use it with the past games. Smiley
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: