Gildor's Forums

Author Topic: Dungeon Defenders 2 - A plea to reconsider  (Read 680 times)
aerisuite

View Profile
Dungeon Defenders 2 - A plea to reconsider
« on: April 19, 2018, 02:20 »

Gildor!

I spoke with you a few days ago on Facebook, I was going to reply to the post about this back in October 2017 but it said was over 120 days old and I should make a new post.  Sorry if that was wrong.

Before getting into the post, I want to say that my hobby is making CS:GO maps with other games' assets.  So far, I've done WoW, Mario64, Everquest, Starcraft, Arkham, Fortnite, and a couple others.  This is next on my list.... Sad

I know you said you've moved on from this game and spent too much time on it already.  Currently, it still doesn't work, unfortunately.

I was hoping that you could reconsider this game sometime in the future, here's a few reasons why:

• The game just released not too long ago, and I believe they switched from U3 to U4 so they will probably stay there for awhile.
  • Lots of new characters and defenses just increases the value that the community would get from it.
  • Nobody else in the world can help except you! <3

In the past, you've mentioned how the textures are strange and might not ever work right, but I believe that was... 7 years ago?  From facebook photos? 

I guess this is just a plea to help, even though you wrote this game off and called it quits, just wondering if it was something you'd pick back up..

In case you say no, while I'm writing I might as well ask, the last time DD2 worked with Umodel was in Early May 2017, I believe.   It would've been the 1.15 patch, IF I can find a dungeon defenders 2 version of the 1.15 patch, do you think that'd be a viable option to try? (outside of a Umodel update) (highly unlikely)

You mentioned an issue with the textures..  would those textures be extractable even if they aren't converted for use with ImporterX?  Like sitting on a harddrive in some weird format, but.. still there.

I just really appreciate what you do, how you do it, and how devoted you are to things.  It really is inspiring, I guess that's why I'd throw this out there in hopes of a chance for us with this game.

-Steve

PS:  I can provide any files you would need from latest version.
PPS: Ohh!  Do bribes work?   Grin

Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
Re: Dungeon Defenders 2 - A plea to reconsider
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2018, 11:45 »

Hi Steve,

I don't think the game has switched to UE4. If yes - I could try it, if not ... well, I already described many reasons to not return to this game. It already has been changed many times, and each update completely broke UModel's support for this game. If other games may work after update with explicitly specifying the game at UModel's startup, this doesn't work for DD games.
aerisuite

View Profile
Re: Dungeon Defenders 2 - A plea to reconsider
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2018, 17:46 »

Thank you for the reply, I think you are right about it still being UE3.  I thought I read something about them switching but can't find anything about it now.

I was tinkering around with DD1 last night and I got it to work with Umodel.  Apparently the game and the devkit are 2 different versions of the game but put in the same folder.  The game has newer files, the devkit has older files.  So, having just installed the devkit, I was able to load that into Umodel. 

So, I suppose I'll switch my project to DD1 instead.  It does work for that game at least!

Thank you again my man, your work is a wonderful part of my life.

-Steve
Jump to: