Gildor's Forums

Author Topic: How's the year so far for you guys/girls?  (Read 4939 times)
freezerburn

i love it xD

View Profile
How's the year so far for you guys/girls?
« on: August 31, 2015, 17:17 »

I've been having a blast this year! Finally bought me a new pc and i'm loving it! Grin

double-o-kid_2
Re: How's the year so far for you guys/girls?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2015, 05:17 »

my year has been going alright so far. i had to send my pc in for repairs, but i got it back now, so things are good Smiley
freezerburn

i love it xD

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2015, 16:02 »

my year has been going alright so far. i had to send my pc in for repairs, but i got it back now, so things are good Smiley

ouch what happened to it? o.O Good thing you got it back though Tongue
double-o-kid_2
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2015, 18:39 »

i had a lot of people over to my house one day evening, and something spilled something in my pc my mistake and they didn't tell me. when i went to turn it own, it sparked and i had to send it in. thank goodness it was still under warranty lol yeah i'm excited i got it back Cheesy
double-o-kid

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2015, 18:47 »

woohoo, just got my old account back! Cheesy sorry for the double post Smiley
freezerburn

i love it xD

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2015, 02:37 »

Haha, double post can sometimes be my middle name. Tongue

Yea freak accidents happen sometimes. Are you still working with UDK? I remember from an old thread you were asking about UDK related stuff.
double-o-kid

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2015, 06:48 »

i had took a break from udk because i was becoming very disappointed with how little i had accomplished. it seemed that for every small hurdle i jumped, there was an even bigger hurdle Sad i pretty much tried everything that i could to make it work, but it just wasn't in my cards. much later when ue4 officially came out, i was excited, but sad because you had to pay 19.99. not saying that was expensive, but when you living from check to check and don't have money in a bank or online that makes it much much harder.

i was watching the videos still to learn it. i didn't want to go back to udk though. but just when i was getting to ready to go ahead and cave in and try out unity, it just so happened that ue4 became free and i was completely amazed! i haven't worked very much in it yet. i have been mainly trying to focus on the importing tiled landscape part, but for some reason my tiled import doesn't save and i have to reload it every time i load my project which is a bummer. i have asked questions on the forum but nothing yet.

they say you can put in a 8k map default, so i think i might have to do it that way until i can get some help. how about you? you still collect models? are you interested in working with ue4?
freezerburn

i love it xD

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2015, 15:51 »

That sucks you can't get your map to save. I wish you the best! Yes I still collect models. They're like a bottle cap collection to me lol. Nah I don't bother with engines and the such. Creating games isn't my thing, but if people like it, go for it! I just want 1 model in my collection with anims and that's Jason from MKX! Super stoked about it, but can't get the anims at the moment. I'm not a coder I just mod certain games and work with animations (I'm a noob at it though). xD

Maybe Gildor can help you get the landscape in UE4 to work? He uses UE4 I think...
Jump to: