March 28, 2024, 21:57
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Batman Arkham City (WiiU)  (Read 2723 times)
Wastelander121

View Profile
« on: September 04, 2016, 21:57 »

Hey there, basically I'm trying to port over the Wii U files but they're in .xxx file format and not upk and even renaming them to upk makes the game crash and umodel gives me this error:

Package "Playable_Batman_Std_1_SF.xxx": wrong name index 1266728686
UnPackage::SerializeFName:pos=001DF40C <- SerializeObjectExport3 <- UnPackage::LoadExportTable <- UnPackage::UnPackage:Playable_Batman_Std_1_SF.xxx, ver=805/102, game=8000 <- UnPackage::LoadPackage:Playable_Batman_Std_1_SF.xxx <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main:umodel_version=469

I need to decompress the files and then hopefully it's just a matter of hex editing to port them to PC, any advice would be appreciated.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2016, 21:59 »

Hi.
I see UModel didn't recognize the game, your message log has "game=8000" which means "this game uses pure UE3". For Batman it should display a different value, so use game overriding.
Can't help with anything else though. In particular, I think WiiU and PC files will not be compatible, and I doubt UModel will accept WiiU files.
Wastelander121

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2016, 22:01 »

Do you think you can make the decompress or work in a future update? I think it works with PS3 files, right? I tried using the game overriding and set it to Unreal Engine 3 and got this error UnPackage::SerializeFName:pos=001DF40C <- SerializeObjectExport3 <- UnPackage::LoadExportTable <- UnPackage::UnPackage:Playable_Batman_Std_1_SF.xxx, ver=805/102, game=8000 <- UnPackage::LoadPackage:Playable_Batman_Std_1_SF.xxx <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main:umodel_version=469
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2016, 22:07 »

I don't think so. I have no plans for WiiU support, just because there's not so many games on this platform (and I don't have information about this platform data formats).
Regarding PS3, this platform in most cases is the same as PC. Texture formats are the same, meshes and animations too (with exception for a few games), etc. WiiU has own texture formats which are not compatible with anything on PC.
Wastelander121

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2016, 22:12 »

The tfc files are still on the WiiU version though, it gives me some hope. Sad to hear you have no plans for a wii u version though.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2016, 22:14 »

TFC is nothing but just a concatenated texture data of all game textures. This doesn't mean "this is a PC-compatible texture data" Smiley One of PC games used TFC to hold static mesh data!
Wastelander121

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2016, 22:16 »

From what I heard the Wii U version was based off of the Xbox 360 build of the GOTY Edition. It kinda gave me some hope I guess lol
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2016, 22:21 »

This WiiU game works only partially. Textures doesn't work.
Wastelander121

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2016, 22:26 »

That's a shame, hopefully we can find some way of decompressing the files still and work from there. Even if it is a lost cause it's probably worth trying.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2016, 22:30 »

Let me know about your findings with WiiU game version!
I'm going to separate WiiU messages to the different thread, giving you heads up.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: