Gildor's Forums

Author Topic: We Happy Few  (Read 6620 times)
Khara

View Profile
We Happy Few Umodel support?
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2018, 05:24 »

Huh? was wondering if there are any plans to add We Happy Few to the support it doesn't wanna export anything i can view textures but it always crashes when i view models (i get this error when i do try,

Memory: bad allocation size 404226048 bytes
appMalloc:size=404226048 (total=26 Mbytes) <- FArray::Empty:16842752 x 24 <- TArray::Serialize:0/0 <- FStaticMeshLODModel4<< <- TArray::Serialize:0/2 <- UStaticMesh4::Serialize <- LoadObject:StaticMesh4'Bobby.Bobby', pos=921, ver=504/0 (unversioned), game=ue4.12 <- UObject::EndLoad <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main:umodel_build=859)
Sekki

View Profile
Re: We Happy Few - Maidenholm Update
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2019, 12:09 »

No. This means that you can't extract this game files because it uses some compression method which is not known to UModel.
So, We Happy Few is unsupported by Umodel, in other words.
Understood.

If the compression method isn't known to UModel, why can it unpack a part of the pak? Like textures?
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
Re: We Happy Few
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2019, 12:11 »

I've recently added oodle support, perhaps this game using this compression method.
Sekki

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2019, 14:06 »

Well, i tested it again after some time i can actually export SkeletalMesh, Textures and Animations. Statics seem to crash unfortunatly.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2019, 14:11 »

Thanks a lot for testing! I'd love to add the game to compatibility table. Are you with recent game version (e.g. not with 2 years old one)? Which engine version did you set in umodel to open game files?
Sekki

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2019, 05:30 »

Im on the recent game version!
UE Version: 4.13

Animationes: Yes
SkeletelMeshes: Yes
StaticMeshes: No
Textures: Yes

Thanks for this wonderful program, it really makes you see game from another perspective.
Arty

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2019, 20:39 »

Oh wow, forgot that this was a thread! XD
Glad this game can finally be supported. I have the game downloaded on Windows 10, however I'm struggling to use UWPDumper to get the .pak. Can someone help me?
TheBlueDiamondKid

View Profile
We Happy Few Support
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2020, 06:43 »

Is there any chance of we happy few getting static mesh support? i'd love to extract the models.
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2021, 20:20 »

This was quite interesting format to dig into. Despite being built with 4.13 engine, it's using ubulk files for high-quality lods, while uasset contains only low-poly versions (affects only static meshes).

That's how layout of uasset looks like right before going into lods serialization (image): lods count which should be loaded from external ubulk, total lods count (including those from uasset itself), then headers for external lods (flags, sizes and stuff), then header for current internal lod (constant and sizes) -> then we have sections for current internal lod and buffers for serialization, they're all standard for that engine version. In the meantime, ubulk layout (image) also contains sections and buffers for serialization, also all standard.

The problem is that umodel was not designed for such approach - apparently, ubulk is supposed to be used only in 4.23+ games, while sections are supposed to be stored in uasset and ubulk should contain only raw buffers for serializations. I've managed to create stable solution only for internal lods, with materials and everything, since you only need to skip that headers part, but it's not very useful, except for materials (see first screenshot). And for testing purposes I've also managed to load version from ubulk by manually replacing corresponding ubulk data into uasset (see second screenshot). It's less interesting to dig into "low level" bulk serialization functions, but eventually it may work... probably.  

Mesh, used in the example: link
« Last Edit: June 02, 2021, 02:39 by spiritovod » Logged
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2021, 02:33 »

Ok, here is specific umodel build for the game (link) - no special override is required, simply choose proper engine version. It should work with all kind of meshes, tested on the presumably latest game version (with "We All Fall Down" update).

* Clipboard10.jpg (233.32 KB, 2560x1244 - viewed 109 times.)
« Last Edit: June 08, 2021, 00:57 by spiritovod » Logged
Jump to: