Gildor's Forums

Author Topic: Dead By Daylight  (Read 12023 times)
charlesberg

View Profile
Re: Dead By Daylight
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2018, 21:37 »

I don't mean to beg, but could you possibly reconsider adding support for the newest version of the game, please?
edit: manners Tongue
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2018, 00:35 »

I see 4 error messages in recent posts. They all are absolutely different! I do not mean that "they have different characters" (that's what "uninitiated" people could say), these messages quite meaningful for me. I see that there are files of different engine versions used in a single game, some files are "unversioned". And umodel crashes with code which is intended for different engine versions, with different object types. It is more complicated than spending 1-2 hours for quick game support (like that was with State of Decay 2). Possibly a day or two of work - I mean, 2 working days, not 2 times by 1-2 hours. This work is absolutely not interesting for me, and I would treat it as significant lose of time which I could spend for something more useful. For what?
charlesberg

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2018, 19:39 »

I'm sorry dude, I didn't realise that, hopefully the official release will be less problematic.
suilsen

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2018, 02:45 »

Hi there, after investigating about this game and tools like Umodel and other ones that extract .pak files, they all crash with the same error when trying to extract those .pak files. For example, when extracting "pakchunk18-WindowsNoEditor.pak" (which exclusively contains mesh, textures and animations for The Clown and Kate Denson) Umodel crashes, but only because there are particular .uasset files inside that no tool is able to extract, hence throwing the error 'Skemooo' specified (the compressed zlib/deflate input is wrong or incomplete (-3)). These 'problematic' .uasset files that makes Umodel abort the extraction are only the hair diffuse textures for both characters in this .pak file (hair bump map textures are extracted just fine, as well as every other file inside the pak).

Trying to extract this .pak with other tools may result in the tool throwing the same error, or extracting a 0 kb corrupted file instead.

Just wanted to clarify a little bit what was going on with this update, i hope they change to the old pak management they had. Cheers to all!
Conformist

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2018, 06:28 »

Yeah that's what I've been saying as far as the chunking goes. I don't know much about UE4 used it very breifly, but if I had to guess the chunking is temporary because PTB is a WIP. So lets all just wait for the official release, the devs will probably repack it all together. I'm dying to rip the new meshes/animations for VRChat.
Conformist

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2018, 20:37 »

DbD 2.0 has released and the game has continued to use a chunking method and the error still exists. Quite disappointed, but hopeful that it'll be patched eventually.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2018, 03:56 »

DbD 2.0 has released and the game has continued to use a chunking method and the error still exists. Quite disappointed, but hopeful that it'll be patched eventually.
"Chunking" is not the core of problem at all, this is the way of preparing pak files for fastest game updates.
charlesberg

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2018, 16:11 »

Is there any chance in the future at some point that you may update umodel to support DBD? If not then I can stop waiting around, hoping it will Tongue
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2018, 16:35 »

Replying to last question.
Umodel crashes, but only because there are particular .uasset files inside that no tool is able to extract, hence throwing the error 'Skemooo' specified (the compressed zlib/deflate input is wrong or incomplete (-3)). These 'problematic' .uasset files that makes Umodel abort the extraction are only the hair diffuse textures for both characters in this .pak file (hair bump map textures are extracted just fine, as well as every other file inside the pak).
This means that not everything is bad, but only particular assets. For me it appears like corrupt compressed data FOR SOME ASSETS. I can't recover from decompression of corrupted data. Just ignore these assets if you can. I'm not going to add any workaround or special code for this game, sorry.
jesterret

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2018, 18:11 »

Just to clarify, all they changed is applied zlib compression on some files, and modified unpack behaviour to have Entry.CompressionBlocks offsets be relative to actual Entry.Offset, instead of absolute like default UE4. My hack for it is to check whether Entry.CompressionBlocks[0].Start > Entry.Offset, and change it based on that.
charlesberg

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2018, 22:35 »

Just an update, one can use QuickBMS by Luigi alongside his Unreal_Tournament bms script, everything extracts fine although extracted folders may not appear in the correct hierarchy, but will open fine in umodel with 4.13.

update with the relevant links;

http://aluigi.altervista.org/quickbms.htm DL link is at the top, in blue.

On the same page use CTRL + F and search Unreal, then select Unreal Tournament 4 and download it.

Run QuickBMS and UT4 script as normal Smiley
« Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 18:00 by charlesberg » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2018, 22:43 »

It would be nice if you'd provide a link to that script. I suppose it is not original "UT unpacker", but a script modified specially for this game.
Conformist

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2018, 06:25 »

Just an update, one can use QuickBMS by Luigi alongside his Unreal_Tournament bms script, everything extracts fine although extracted folders may not appear in the correct hierarchy, but will open fine in umodel with 4.13.

update with the relevant links;

http://aluigi.altervista.org/quickbms.htm DL link is at the top, in blue.

On the same page use CTRL + F and search Unreal, then select Unreal Tournament 4 and download it.

Run QuickBMS and UT4 script as normal Smiley

Gonna give this a shot, if this works you sir are a god.

Update: Holy fuck it worked! Thank you so damn much for finding this out, can finally have some fun with the new models and port them into unity. Seriously thanks a ton!

As for Gidor, here's the script link. Not sure how this script works with this game, but im no coder and Im not going to complain. However if you can manage to reverse engineer it and ask for permission to incorporate it into umodel so It can be a lot cleaner for model viewing and extraction It'd be greatly appreciated.

http://aluigi.altervista.org/bms/unreal_tournament_4.bms
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 07:07 by Conformist » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2018, 10:26 »

As for Gidor, here's the script link. Not sure how this script works with this game, but im no coder and Im not going to complain. However if you can manage to reverse engineer it and ask for permission to incorporate it into umodel so It can be a lot cleaner for model viewing and extraction It'd be greatly appreciated.

I've asked about that script for others, not for myself. I see no point adding anything special for this game into UModel (I don't like horror games, and they all appear for me as "garbage" Smiley)
Conformist

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2018, 12:10 »

I've asked about that script for others, not for myself. I see no point adding anything special for this game into UModel (I don't like horror games, and they all appear for me as "garbage" Smiley)

Big horror fan myself, shitty game or not, the Dead By Daylight models are respectably impressive and don't think the game is all that bad. Has balancing issues, but I'm the very few in the community that don't bitch and whine about this or that being a problem.

Not trying to sound like an asshole here, but if your program is meant to open UE games and one isn't properly working, wouldn't you feel it is a bit a need and a want to make sure your tool properly works for said games? And feel accomplished? Least how I'd feel in any way I mean, provided I understand this is free, I'm only just trying to seek reason as to what your beef with this game is setting aside your unlove for the horror genre.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 12:14 by Conformist » Logged
Jump to: