Gildor's Forums

Author Topic: Dead By Daylight  (Read 11074 times)
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
Re: Dead By Daylight
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2018, 13:07 »

Not trying to sound like an asshole here, but if your program is meant to open UE games and one isn't properly working, wouldn't you feel it is a bit a need and a want to make sure your tool properly works for said games? And feel accomplished? Least how I'd feel in any way I mean, provided I understand this is free, I'm only just trying to seek reason as to what your beef with this game is setting aside your unlove for the horror genre.
Smiley

UModel doesn't support PAK file from this game. There are several other games which requires custom unpacker (that mentioned quickbms script). Sometimes, when game has custom pak format, and it is significant enough (like Gears4 for instance) - I'm adding support for that. Games like "Something Died" does not bother me much, sometimes I'm even not adding them to the compatibility table Smiley

I prefer to not add custom code for UE4 games, it is a bit complicated and very boring process.
Conformist

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2018, 02:14 »

Not trying to sound like an asshole here, but if your program is meant to open UE games and one isn't properly working, wouldn't you feel it is a bit a need and a want to make sure your tool properly works for said games? And feel accomplished? Least how I'd feel in any way I mean, provided I understand this is free, I'm only just trying to seek reason as to what your beef with this game is setting aside your unlove for the horror genre.
Smiley

UModel doesn't support PAK file from this game. There are several other games which requires custom unpacker (that mentioned quickbms script). Sometimes, when game has custom pak format, and it is significant enough (like Gears4 for instance) - I'm adding support for that. Games like "Something Died" does not bother me much, sometimes I'm even not adding them to the compatibility table Smiley

I prefer to not add custom code for UE4 games, it is a bit complicated and very boring process.

Understandable response, Thank you!
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2019, 17:36 »

I've been informed that the game fully works now, with UE4.21.
Conformist

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2019, 20:25 »

Looks like DbD got AES Encryption as of 3.3.0. Works fine oddly when using uModel but trying to use QuickBMS asks for a key. Anyone know the key? Would be greatly appreciated.
mark2580

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2019, 21:13 »

Looks like DbD got AES Encryption as of 3.3.0. Works fine oddly when using uModel but trying to use QuickBMS asks for a key. Anyone know the key? Would be greatly appreciated.
Now checked on Steam version. Everything works completely without keys on version 4.21
QuckBMS also does not request any keys.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 21:15 by mark2580 » Logged

MARK2580
Conformist

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2019, 21:31 »

Now checked on Steam version. Everything works completely without keys on version 4.21

Really? How odd, going to restart pc I guess.

Edit: Sure you're using the PTB files, QuickBMS still requires a key.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 21:52 by Conformist » Logged
mark2580

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2019, 19:58 »

PTB Huh? I opened the usual pak archives from Steam.

MARK2580
Conformist

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2019, 21:01 »

PTB Huh? I opened the usual pak archives from Steam.

Yeah youll have to go to the public test build, 3.2.2 works just fine. PTB 3.3.0 Brings AES, but uModel works fine strangely.
mark2580

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2019, 00:10 »

Another reason why I backup the game while it is fully or partially working. Now developers are very fond of adding aes key or changing the structure of models. And Gildor has little time to rewrite something after each such update, as a result of which the game ceases to be supported at all. Just download the stable build while everything is fine with it and save a copy.

MARK2580
Conformist

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2019, 21:36 »

Another reason why I backup the game while it is fully or partially working. Now developers are very fond of adding aes key or changing the structure of models. And Gildor has little time to rewrite something after each such update, as a result of which the game ceases to be supported at all. Just download the stable build while everything is fine with it and save a copy.

Thing is I actively take the newer assets that come out almost always so that's why this will become an issue :/ Im sure in few months time we'll get one. I find AES pretty dumb as a way to lock people out, does very little.
mark2580

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 11, 2019, 01:18 »

Thing is I actively take the newer assets that come out almost always so that's why this will become an issue :/ Im sure in few months time we'll get one. I find AES pretty dumb as a way to lock people out, does very little.
I think that the key will appear rather quickly when it is in a stable client. The main thing is that the formats of models, textures and animations do not change.

MARK2580
xredoctober

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2019, 03:51 »

Anyone get this error? Just recently tried retrieving some models and can't open anything.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2019, 04:15 by xredoctober » Logged
mark2580

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2019, 07:53 »

Anyone get this error? Just recently tried retrieving some models and can't open anything.
Everything opens beautifully. You just chose the wrong version of the engine. You need 4.22, but you chose 4.24.

* V8yhftn7N6.png (276.28 KB, 802x652 - viewed 143 times.)

MARK2580
frutto

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2019, 21:02 »

Hey, i've been trying to export audio files, but in audio folder there are only .uassets files 1KB each. Any ideas you got?
Ehlyon

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2019, 01:25 »

Hey, i've been trying to export audio files, but in audio folder there are only .uassets files 1KB each. Any ideas you got?

Game most likely use Wwise, extract it with "Unreal tournament 4" quickbms (when it ask to input password just press enter), then see what extension the file have and look around the net there should be some extractors.
Jump to: