Gildor's Forums

Author Topic: Dead By Daylight  (Read 11073 times)
spiritovod

View Profile
Re: Dead By Daylight
« Reply #75 on: October 09, 2020, 01:35 »

@TheGoldSaw: Both mobile and desktop versions are using 4.25 for a while already.
Masusder

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 09, 2020, 13:45 »

@spiritovod A lot of models doesn't load on version 4.25 either.
spiritovod

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 09, 2020, 16:46 »

It's just a guess, but it seems they've switched to 4.26 preview version for some assets (meshes). Current 4.26 support is made more for fortnite, which is not using standard UE4 build. So, it's better to wait until first stable 4.26 release will pop up and more generic support will be added for it. 

Update: Apparently, PC version of the game is still using 4.25 for all assets and latest umodel build is fully compatible with the game as of 23.11.2020.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 01:22 by spiritovod » Logged
Kabalstein03
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 28, 2020, 22:23 »

Static support is missing from the 4.26, only when you go back to 4.25 it's still working

I tried to get something on 4.26 and got this:

"Memory: bad allocation size 759295944 bytes
appMalloc: size=759295944 (total=19 Mbytes) <- FArray::Empty: 1105379155 x 24 <- TArray::Serialize: 0/0 <- FStaticMeshLODModel4<< <- TArray::Serialize: 1/3 <- UStaticMesh4::Serialize <- LoadObject: StaticMesh4'HL_ToxicPlant_Lobby.HL_ToxicPlant_Lobby', pos=96296, ver=519/0 (unversioned), game=ue4.26 <- UObject::EndLoad <- LoadWholePackage: /Game/Meshes/InteractableObjects/Halloween/Models/HL_ToxicPlant_Lobby.uasset <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main: umodel_build=1412"
Skemooo

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 04, 2020, 11:42 »

@Gildor is it possible to modify the 3DS ActorX import psk script to pull in all texture files instead of just BC and Normal? I understand different games use different packed file standards for storing PBR.. in DBD ORM files hold AO,Roughness and metallic data.. u can keep the existing logic for BaseColor and Normal as it is and just include rest of the texture files in material .. no need to connect these other texture files as the standards differ between games i just want them to be present in material so i can figure out what goes where later...  this would help a lot in building big scenes .. right now im manually pulling missing textures by refering to teh material file.. my scripting skills is very rudimentary i did attempt to write one in python for blender but got no where.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: November 04, 2020, 11:54 »

It loads and maps textures in the same way as umodel does. If you have something different, just look into .mat file and see other texture names, load and map them manually.
xyzzys

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 04, 2020, 22:52 »

Hello, i have a question. When exporting from Dead By Daylight and importing into Blender, I can't get animations to work on weapons. How do I get the animations to work on weapons? (.psk and .psa used )

Is this a thing I should bring up to the Blender forum here, or a forum for blender? Attaching the bone to the character doesn't work, especially with characters who throw their weapons (Clown, Huntress)
rotten-eyed

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 12, 2020, 18:13 »

dbd has ptb (public test build) at the moment so they might have changed something again. this is error with ptb turned on

* error12.11.png (88.2 KB, 932x676 - viewed 25 times.)
xyzzys

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 21, 2020, 05:59 »

dbd has ptb (public test build) at the moment so they might have changed something again. this is error with ptb turned on

newest dbd update/ptb reverted back to a previous version, im not sure which. i remember it was in the 20's range. try every type
i would give you the exact number, but i no longer have the ptb downloaded.
xyzzys

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 21, 2020, 06:08 »

i think i found why weapons don't animate when psks are loaded. they have no skeletons, even inside the weapon folder
does anyone know why, and where they would be located if so?

mori props, such as ghostface's camera, have a skeleton. but weapons do not. where do i find these skeletons?

Anime Nyan

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: Today at 15:16 »

i think i found why weapons don't animate when psks are loaded. they have no skeletons, even inside the weapon folder
does anyone know why, and where they would be located if so?

mori props, such as ghostface's camera, have a skeleton. but weapons do not. where do i find these skeletons?

So I just started using this software today, after seeing Skeemo's DBD renders. And so from my basic understanding you need skeletons and their associated bones for animations weapons included and I've definitely seen some working attack animations by Skeemo, so I know weapon skeletons exist.

I think you missed the folder it's in you need to open the Weapons >Models folder inside you'll find a skeleton folder for the weapon.

If you take a look at this image I think you'll find it if I'm not horribly mistaken.

Anime Nyan

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: Today at 15:50 »

So I've just started using this software after watching Gildor's tutorial (also inspired to do this by Skeemooo's awesome renders so if you're reading this you're awesome I want to make renders as awesome as yours as well!) on how to use the latest version of UE Viewer and I have quite a few questions XD apologies for the inconvenience.

So in Gildor's video he was basically using PgUp and PgDn keys to navigate through the various meshes and tagging those he wanted to stay on screen to form the complete character head, hair, vehicle and all. However, Dead By Daylight stores all the meshes in separate folders. Like the weapon is in a separate folder to the body and the body is in a separate folder to the head/mask accessories. Also, skeleton and uassets are in separate folders.

The structure is like so:

So what happens when I press PgUp and PgDn is it only loads the body uassets because PgUp and PgDn only previews the current folder which would be body uassets for the specific 3d model.

This is a problem because I can't see the whole meshes body + accessories + weapon together. Also because the animations aren't in the same folder as the meshes, this mean Ctrl + A to preview the animations doesn't work.

1. So my question is is it alright to export multiple files, one for the mesh, one for the animation and so on and so forth. In the video Gildor says to have everything you want animations + body + accessories in the viewport and then export animations bound to the mesh in a single psa file (I only see psk as an option now) but it just doesn't seem possible here with the multiple folders thing unless I'm missing something? So essentially I'm just looking at how do I export a complete character all assets and all from the Dead By Daylight folder structure?

2. So I was just wondering once I export psa or psk files how do I import them for use in Blender Eevee, should I use an add on to Blender like so https://github.com/Befzz/blender3d_import_psk_psa or other scripts which I'm unaware of?

3. As for the Light effects on various items I was just wondering how do I export them to Blender? The reason is this mask here:

Should have some crazy light effects in game and I was just wondering if those particle effects were in a specific folder?
« Last Edit: Today at 15:56 by Anime Nyan » Logged
Jump to: