Gildor's Forums

Author Topic: Dead By Daylight  (Read 12047 times)
xyzzys

View Profile
Re: Dead By Daylight
« Reply #90 on: December 02, 2020, 11:38 »

dbd has ptb (public test build) at the moment so they might have changed something again. this is error with ptb turned on

newest dbd update/ptb reverted back to a previous version, im not sure which. i remember it was in the 20's range. try every type
i would give you the exact number, but i no longer have the ptb downloaded.

i noticed after few days or so that they changed back to 25. i was trying to get some props but everytime i was getting this error on 26 only (25 worked fine for both static and skeleton models).

as of checking today (new update)
26 works with characters, 25 works with props and environment Smiley
xyzzys

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 02, 2020, 11:53 »

i think i found why weapons don't animate when psks are loaded. they have no skeletons, even inside the weapon folder
does anyone know why, and where they would be located if so?

mori props, such as ghostface's camera, have a skeleton. but weapons do not. where do i find these skeletons?

So I just started using this software today, after seeing Skeemo's DBD renders. And so from my basic understanding you need skeletons and their associated bones for animations weapons included and I've definitely seen some working attack animations by Skeemo, so I know weapon skeletons exist.

I think you missed the folder it's in you need to open the Weapons >Models folder inside you'll find a skeleton folder for the weapon.

If you take a look at this image I think you'll find it if I'm not horribly mistaken.

damn, i checked the location for blight's weapon, and the only thing i'm finding is the skeleton for his syringe.

* skeleton.JPG (75.15 KB, 939x722 - viewed 66 times.)
Anime Nyan

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 02, 2020, 14:32 »

you use a plugin to import psk/psa

Ayy no worries if the level of your renders are not on the level of Skeemooo's we're all learning and I'd say it's just a matter of learning what needs to be done. Also thank you so much about your information on the plugin and the node setup you are awesome!

I think it does answer my question about lighting setup, I'll have to try out that node setup soon to see if it works with hallowed blight Huntress.

Also about the blight's weapon, both skeleton and mesh being missing I think you're right it doesn't seem to be there. I mean a lot of the content doesn't seem to be there, like some outfits and weapons especially the alternative ones for the various killers or I think we might be looking in the wrong place?

One thing I just made a discord just this second if you'd like to join to talk about Dead by Daylight renders and how to get them working though I'm afraid I'm 100% more lacking in knowledge but I thought it might be nice if we're both aiming towards the same thing to be able to provide help to each other: https://discord.gg/rkkWSH2EMz

Also getting live feedback is a little easier than messages on this forum I feel.

And no worries if you don't feel like joining either, that's completely fine as well.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2020, 14:35 by Anime Nyan » Logged
Anime Nyan

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 02, 2020, 14:52 »

damn, i checked the location for blight's weapon, and the only thing i'm finding is the skeleton for his syringe.

Actually wait no I understand how to get it now. So actually I know why you're seeing what you're seeing so you're in the blight's folder for his weapons you need to actually click on all the separate .uasset files in this folder.

You can't use the pgup pgdn command to navigate between .uasset files for some reason it doesn't work. In your case Blight's weapon you're looking for K21_W006_REF.uasset you need to double click exactly on that name to get it to work. I don't know if that helps in finding the skeleton files though.
xyzzys

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 03, 2020, 11:57 »

you use a plugin to import psk/psa

Ayy no worries if the level of your renders are not on the level of Skeemooo's we're all learning and I'd say it's just a matter of learning what needs to be done. Also thank you so much about your information on the plugin and the node setup you are awesome!

I think it does answer my question about lighting setup, I'll have to try out that node setup soon to see if it works with hallowed blight Huntress.

Also about the blight's weapon, both skeleton and mesh being missing I think you're right it doesn't seem to be there. I mean a lot of the content doesn't seem to be there, like some outfits and weapons especially the alternative ones for the various killers or I think we might be looking in the wrong place?

One thing I just made a discord just this second if you'd like to join to talk about Dead by Daylight renders and how to get them working though I'm afraid I'm 100% more lacking in knowledge but I thought it might be nice if we're both aiming towards the same thing to be able to provide help to each other: https://discord.gg/rkkWSH2EMz

Also getting live feedback is a little easier than messages on this forum I feel.

And no worries if you don't feel like joining either, that's completely fine as well.

cool! i might join Smiley hopefully i dont forget to
that would be really fun because i want to learn how to get the physics to work as well.
(we can't import physics, but we can try to recreate them, since the physics belong to unreal and not blender)

also trying to figure out a fix to rig/skeleton problems

idk. sounds fun!
xyzzys

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 03, 2020, 11:59 »

Actually wait no I understand how to get it now. So actually I know why you're seeing what you're seeing so you're in the blight's folder for his weapons you need to actually click on all the separate .uasset files in this folder.

You can't use the pgup pgdn command to navigate between .uasset files for some reason it doesn't work. In your case Blight's weapon you're looking for K21_W006_REF.uasset you need to double click exactly on that name to get it to work. I don't know if that helps in finding the skeleton files though.

wdym? that is a mesh, not a skeleton
that's also not his base weapon, the cane he comes with is silver and with a woman on it, W01_REF
Anime Nyan

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 09, 2020, 17:04 »

So I've got a problem with trying to setup the materials on the Hallowed Blight huntress. I've imported the model with Befzz's importer and my model looks like so currently:

Now the problem is the hair is kind of in rectangular flaps, that's how the model is. But in the actual model the feathers are definitely not in flaps.

For reference the image is supposed to look like this:

The problem is in the Game\Characters\Slashers\Bear\Textures\Outfit007 folder for the texture I'm working on MI_BEHair007 this texture:

There is only the following files for image textures in the Textures folder Game\Characters\Slashers\Bear\Textures\Outfit007:

A BC file I understand base colour, a HM file which I have no clue what it is (Perhaps H-something then Metallic?), an m file which I have no clue either (I'm guessing this might be a mask file to only show the hair things) and an N file which is a normal map which I understand.

So my current node setup looks like this for the MI_BEHair007 material:

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I might be able to solve this error?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2020, 17:16 by Anime Nyan » Logged
Anime Nyan

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 10, 2020, 13:54 »

Okay so I've solved my problem with help of the amazing Frutto, basically what you have to do after importing the model  with Befzz's importer and clicking on the mesh, not the armature is to click on Use Nodes under the Materials Tab, then use the following node setup in the shader editor:

Basically as a summary of all the image textures:
BC is Base Colour
N is Normal Map
ORM files hold Ambient Occlusion, Roughness and Metallic data in the Red, Green and Blue channels respectively. Stands for Occlusion, Roughness, Metallic
Don’t need to use Red channel Ambient Occlusion
M is Mask, deciding which areas should be transparent thus, decides alpha channel
BDE is Emission Map, only uses blue channel. Not sure why it’s labelled BDE though (Base Diffuse Emission Huh?)

The mix nodes are MixRGB nodes in the shader editor.

I've also made a small discord around importing Dead by Daylight models if you'd like some help or to talk to others similarly interested in importing dead by daylight models: https://discord.gg/rkkWSH2EMz
Anime Nyan

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 10, 2020, 14:05 »

@Gildor So I've run into an error with UE Viewer when I try to import the Killer (Known as Slasher in the game files) weapon skeletons from DBD not sure if this is intended Gildor.

The error message I'm running into is the following:
Loading package: /Game/Characters/Slashers/Bear/Weapons/Models/Skeletons/BE_W00_REF_Skeleton.uasset Ver: 518/0 Engine: 0 [Unversioned] Names: 38 Exports: 7 Imports: 5 Game: 1000190
Loading Skeleton BE_W00_REF_Skeleton from package /Game/Characters/Slashers/Bear/Weapons/Models/Skeletons/BE_W00_REF_Skeleton.uasset
WARNING: StructProperty "USkeleton::VirtualBoneGuid" was not found
WARNING: ArrayProperty "USkeleton::Sockets" was not found
Exporting objects ...
Memory: allocated 22143776 bytes in 26998 blocks
Exported 0/0 objects in 0.0 sec

So in this case I don't the skeleton for the weapon is exporting correctly, because no objects are being exported and it doesn't appear in the export file either.

For reference, when I open the skeleton in UE viewer BE_W00_REF_Skeleton.uasset in UE Viewer it shows the following:

With 6 skeletal mesh sockets which seems to contradict the warning message of not finding any USkeleton:Sockets.

I'm using the latest version of UE Viewer Build 1440 Windows 32, using Override Game Detection Unreal Engine 4, 4.25.

I would be extremely grateful for any pointers at correctly exporting weapon skeletons for use in Blender 2.91. As currently without the skeleton the animations don't quite work on killer weapons.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2020, 14:16 by Anime Nyan » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: December 11, 2020, 10:02 »

You can export and view SkeletalMesh. You can't do anything with Skeleton, it's a helper object.
LKCurtis

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 14, 2021, 17:32 »

I'm having a lot of trouble exporting out Audio for Dead by Daylight using umodel.exe, I've had great success with models and textures so there is no issue with them but when I try to export audio it doesn't export anything.

I have found where the audio is located but when I choose to export it the cmd window comes up and says:

"Found 3394 game files (5 skipped) in 46 folders at path "H:\DBD Export\DBD SOUND\Sounds\DeadByDaylight\Content\Audio"
Scanned game directory in 0.1 sec, 3536 allocs, 0.00 MBytes serialized in 0 calls.
Loading package: AudioEvents/Killer/AudioEvent_K22_Grunt_Attack.uasset Ver: 518/0 Engine: 0 [Unversioned] Names: 9 Exports: 1 Imports: 3 Game: 1000190
Exported 0/0 objects in 0.0 sec"

I've been looking online for awhile now trying to find a solution but i've only found more people with the same problem but with other games.

I've been searching this forum for people with similar issues and i've seen some stuff about using VGM Toolbox where I drag a .uexp file into the CRI ACB/AWB Archive Extractor to get a .bin file but I end up with this message:

ACB/AWB signature not found at offset 0...scanning for AWB signature: 'AudioEvent_HairChain_Loop.uexp'.
File is not an ACB or AWB...skipping: 'AudioEvent_HairChain_Loop.uexp'.

Any help would greatly be appreciated and let me know if you need any more info

Cheers!
frutto

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 14, 2021, 22:19 »

Hi, i was able to extract audio from the game, but it was back in may 2020. So things might changed since then. But i have backup all audio files I managed to extract. If you want them, I can upload for you. Here is my discord Frutto#0557, dm me for if you want.
Anime Nyan

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 08, 2021, 16:32 »

So for anyone who needs any help with using UModel and importing models into blender I have made this discord server here for anyone to join: https://discord.gg/rkkWSH2EMz

I have also made two videos showing how exactly to use UModel and Befzz's psk Blender plugin to import DBD models properly into Dead By Daylight, full credit goes to Frutto for sharing his expertise that was used to make these tutorials:

« Last Edit: February 09, 2021, 06:15 by Anime Nyan » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: February 08, 2021, 16:45 »

I'd suggest posting these tutorials to the Blender sub-forum.
Jump to: