Gildor's Forums

Author Topic: Tekken 7  (Read 29715 times)
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
Re: Tekken 7
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2017, 16:13 »

Possibly skeleton has some scale on it. UModel currently doesn't support UE4 mesh scaling.
RoxasKennedy

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2017, 17:04 »

Possibly skeleton has some scale on it. UModel currently doesn't support UE4 mesh scaling.

I see. Thanks for the answer  Grin
riccochet

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2017, 17:06 »

Does the armature work atleast?
Rich

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2017, 18:31 »

I didn't know that Noesis supports Unreal.
Answering by myself. I've downloaded Noesis, checked it, and it really has UE4 support as Python plugin. The code is heavily based on UModel's source - just translated C++ to Python, with taking into account Noesis API difference. So, unfortunately this is not a separate research. And it's shame there's no any reference to UModel, that its source was used as reference (it just says "this is early work, and for better results use umodel").

Hi Gildor, Chris linked me to this thread, and this post made me sad. This is not an accurate assessment of the Noesis script, so I've updated the script notes accordingly from

Code:
#this is a super-half-assed UE4 importer implementation, with explicit serialization for better tracking. it's here to provide a base to dig further into
#customized-engine UE4 content, but it will not be maintained and will certainly break frequently with new UE4 releases. if you want UE3 compatibility or
#something more complete and actively maintained, use gildor's umodel.

to

Code:
#this is a super-half-assed UE4 importer implementation, with explicit serialization for better tracking. it's here to provide a base to dig further into
#customized-engine UE4 content, but it will not be maintained and will certainly break frequently with new UE4 releases. if you want UE3 compatibility or
#something more complete and actively maintained, use gildor's umodel. to avoid butthurt through inference - this script was not based on umodel at all, but
#later incorporated a bunch of gildor's version hacks in preference to scouring through version history, which also resulted in some light reorganization.
#said version hacks are probably at varying levels of parity with umodel. plenty of changes have been made to umodel versioning logic since then as well,
#as some of it didn't appear to be working with what looked to be UE4 stock (in terms of serialization) test data from some VIVE demos. thanks to gildor
#for his versioning logic, although his serialization generally looks 1:1 with stock UE4 code and uses identical object names, so we shouldn't pretend any
#of this required any reverse engineering or "research"!

UE4 support is really only there for one game coming down the pipe in particular, but I've updated it to work for various games of note as they've crossed my radar. Noesis also does not have the problem with whatever is going on with the skeleton-mesh mismatch in these screenshots, so there's that. You don't have to credit me for the tiny Tekken 7 bits you probably lifted from the script, as I don't actually care. Smiley
riccochet

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2017, 19:00 »

Shots fired
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2017, 19:45 »

Hi Gildor, Chris linked me to this thread, and this post made me sad. This is not an accurate assessment of the Noesis script, so I've updated the script notes accordingly from
Hi Rich, nice to meet you Smiley
UE4 support is really only there for one game coming down the pipe in particular, but I've updated it to work for various games of note as they've crossed my radar. Noesis also does not have the problem with whatever is going on with the skeleton-mesh mismatch in these screenshots, so there's that. You don't have to credit me for the tiny Tekken 7 bits you probably lifted from the script, as I don't actually care. Smiley
Thank you for the update Grin Actually I didn't use any bit of your code. I just used the information that Tekken 7 support is possible, and someone on this forum told me that "encrypted" flag should be ignored for this game (this is very unusual situation!). Everything else was very straightforward. I can say that you may simply adopt your code to work with Friday 13th - it uses absolutely the same code for SkeletalMesh. StaticMesh serialization is different with just 1 field serialization.

I didn't care about your use of parts of my code. And yes - I know that you used just serialization parts (it is impossible to reuse anything else!), especially for static meshes - original UE4 code don't have any versioning in code, it just drops support for loading meshes made with older engine version. I've added versioning there, and you just repeated it. It is very easy to notice.

I hope you didn't mind, my previous post and this post aren't angry Smiley (at least I hope so)
Rich

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2017, 20:06 »

I didn't see anger, but I did pick up some passive aggression, and your assessment was inaccurate. So I made an account here just to set the record straight. It's really silly to care about attribution for data that was dug out of another repository's version history (as I could tell based on the naming and looking at version history myself that you didn't do any reverse engineering from binary or data for the older UE4 specs), and certainly nothing of the initial script I wrote around a specific 4.14 game had anything to do with UModel. Figured it would be enough when I incorporated a bunch of your version checks to just tell people to go use UModel if they wanted something outside of my specific use cases, but now you get a much more elaborate, exacting reference. Smiley
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2017, 20:13 »

I was a little but upset Smiley And very tired (from my work). No "passive aggression". And please note that English is not my primary language, so sometimes I just can't express in English what I'd like to say in Russian.
Rich

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2017, 20:16 »

Very well. I'm also quite often even more of a dick than usual as a result of my own (usually work-based) mental fatigue. We will henceforth be friendsies.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2017, 20:21 »

Ok, friends Smiley
esr911
Silver Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2017, 07:09 »

Has anyone found the player animations? I can't find them  Huh?
edwinsapa
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2017, 07:29 »

I'm just happy it works (see meshes) but I can't find animations either
riccochet

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2017, 14:41 »

I tried the new noesis, I havent gotten a single mesh to load.. only the textures.
Anyway, anyone get the extra costumes of the characters to open in umodel? only the base costumes seem to load
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2017, 14:43 »

As far as I understand, Noesis requires some special command line option to open Tekken 7. Check readme.
godskin

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2017, 15:12 »

Thx Gildor

Jump to: