March 28, 2024, 21:08
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Mortal Kombat 11  (Read 3021 times)
Demonslayerx8

View Profile
« on: April 25, 2019, 02:18 »

All the files are in .xxx format (similar to some games that was running on UE3), but sadly I have no clue which Unreal Engine 4 version it's using... I've tried 4.10 up to 4.20, but all of them doesn't work

Memory: bad allocation size 365164656 bytes
appMalloc:size=365164656 (total=0 Mbytes) <- FArray::Empty:30430388 x 12 <- SerializePackageFileSummary3 <- FPackageFileSummary<<:Ver=768/157 <- UnPackage::UnPackage:BGND_GorosLair.xxx, ver=768/157, game=ue4.15 <- UnPackage::LoadPackage:BGND_GorosLair.xxx <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main:umodel_build=913

edit:
forgot to post a character file

edit2:
Just found out that it uses Unreal Engine 3
« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 09:25 by Gildor » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2019, 08:45 »

I've checked these files. It uses UE3 package format (customized, -game=mk doesn't work either). Looking at text chunks in a file I can suppose that the game has even more changes, it went much farther from UE3, may be it has parts of UE4 (at least they borrowed some ideas). I doubt UModel will work with this, it is worth making a separate tool instead of trying to adapt UE3/UE4 code to work with such custom data.

May be I'm wrong and the game is not so far away from MK10 in tech stuff, but if I'm right - it is worth doing a separate tool for it. Why separate tool? Because it seems there will be nothing useful from UModel's Unreal engine code. There are just a few games which has very custom engine and which are supported - probably Rune, Bioshock, may be something else. MK11 appears to be even more customized, even at level of package format (which is "top" layer which is visible to UModel). Trying to understand format with simply looking at hex data dump didn't help, it has something what makes it very different even from older MK packages.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 09:01 by Gildor » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2019, 09:05 »

May be PC version will look differently and more closer to UE3? However I doubt this company did too much engine customization to support Switch console.

I'd suggest posting any information about other platforms to this thread too, not making separate threads for that. Posts will be actively moderated (useless posts will be removed, like - "I can't load this too", "who can help me with loading game", "I'm lazy to read 2 posts above, I'd ask the question" etc).
Juso3D

Welcome to Gildor Forums

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2019, 09:18 »

PC Version is looking to be the same (slow internet atm Sad ), defiantly using UE4 after watching some behind the scenes but yeah UE3 like custom packaging also for has I can make of it.

Uses oodle compression also from the talk over at zenhax thread with some scripts to decompress them if that matters.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 09:22 by Blenux » Logged

Blender + Linux User Here.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2019, 09:25 »

Well, in this case it definitely requires separate tool. Not worth trying to support it in UModel, there's no point for doing that.
mknoob

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2019, 10:57 »

It uses OODLE compression, like Injustice 2 did. If I provide files oodle decompressed by quickbms would you look into them? If you would, tell me what you need, I have the game. I can provide the oodle dlls of the game if you want as well
« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 10:59 by mknoob » Logged
Demonslayerx8

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2019, 10:59 »

I see, dang... well thanks for looking into it, and sucks that PC version is in the same vote as well. I'll ask Daemon1 on xentax if he'll update his oodle script for MK11.
Shokoniraya

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2019, 14:30 »

script just using normal oodle in quickbms and just using search and append, just like that (so i don't think oodle compression algorithm has heen customized)

gildor, most of games can read decompressed files with a little changing in header blocks
can you help and tell wich block must remove or change that we can able to use decompressed files in game?

some archive using zlib, but i'm not sure its normal zlib or not, but i think has a different compression level than other games

and can you tell me where is the compression flag? should i guess from compressed-raw header?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 14:36 by Shokoniraya » Logged
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2020, 18:30 »

There are third party tools for the game with animations support (more info in this topic). Maybe it will be helpful for future references.
RedBear

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2020, 04:37 »

There are third party tools for the game with animations support (more info in this topic). Maybe it will be helpful for future references.
Thank you for sharing a link to this topic.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: