March 28, 2024, 19:57
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: glTF 2.0 export  (Read 8581 times)
Juso3D

Welcome to Gildor Forums

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2018, 16:50 »

With Blender be sure to have a armature selected to be able to go into pose mode.

Blender + Linux User Here.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2018, 17:34 »

Blenux, could you test the provided mesh from previous page using another importer, and try to pose it - to see if that addon will have the same problem? I'm not sure when author of addon which I used will check it, he finds a few "errors" there and probably will stop further checking at all:
https://github.com/julienduroure/gltf2-blender-importer/issues/18

edit: Your screenshot appears to me like if you've imported a mesh with addon which I used and mentioned in the first post. Using "Kson" importer doesn't create "armature object" - scene has bone hierarchy, but they do not appear as armature. All bones appears as a set of separate lines, not polygonal bones.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 17:42 by Gildor » Logged
Juso3D

Welcome to Gildor Forums

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2018, 18:17 »

OK here is what I've got, using uModel 858.

julienduroure gLTF Importer

Armature Separated from Mesh, no bone groups, has vertex groups (weights are broken like you mention on the issue page), inverted bones.

Kson

Armature parented to Mesh (should be otherway), no bone groups, has vertex groups (Weights same has PSK), inverted bones.

PSK
Armature Parented to Mesh correctly, has bone groups, vertex groups, bones were also inverted but befzz importer can invert them at import (checkbox).

Both the julienduroure and Kson come with a Vertex group b_C_Base, while the PSK importer doesn't have it at all, kson has the same weights results has the psk.

Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2018, 18:20 »

Thanks.
Regarding "inverted bones", did you use recent (today's) UModel to export the mesh? If no - please re-check with the latest one, I've fixed some issue today. Also, could you please try to POSE model after use of Kson importer, to see if weights are broken there too?
Juso3D

Welcome to Gildor Forums

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2018, 18:35 »

No probs, here are the results with uModel 859

julienduroure (armature rotated correctly, rest same)

kson (same and pose mode screws mesh)

PSK (same has before, inverted bones still without selecting checkbox on befzz importer)

Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2018, 18:40 »

It seems I was too fast in supporting glTF. It's support is still too buggy everywhere. Let's see how Unity will import a mesh when I'll add animation support (I think Unity has no possibility to deform a mesh without having animation).
Juso3D

Welcome to Gildor Forums

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2018, 18:49 »

It seems I was too fast in supporting glTF. It's support is still too buggy everywhere. Let's see how Unity will import a mesh when I'll add animation support (I think Unity has no possibility to deform a mesh without having animation).
Yeah seems to be very early implemented across the board sadly (gLTF metal/roughness node issue with specular textures that are in the R channel of it that I test game assets with) also do need to catch up on unity, haven't used that in a while and even when I did was only few minutes each time.

Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2018, 12:17 »

It seems that gltf2-blender-importer got a fix for vertex groups.
https://github.com/julienduroure/gltf2-blender-importer/issues/18#issuecomment-413117337

However, plugin's author has opened a few other issues with bone orientation. I have no idea how important are they - are they "cosmetic" or "critical".
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2018, 17:39 »

I've added skeletal animation export into glTF format. Please note that animation MUST be linked to a mesh (just like with FBX format), so you must open a mesh in viewer, load animations, then do export there. If you will try to export glTF animation from "package selector" using "Export" button you'll simply get a warning message saying that nothing has been exported.

Another note. I've tested animations with Babylon.js and Cesium glTF viewer. Both has different problems (for instance, Cesium sometimes displays a mesh inside-out, sometimes - not). So I can say - the animation export is untested yet. And a lot of fixes should be made for other glTF software (like if was with Blender plugin a few days ago).
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 17:41 by Gildor » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2019, 21:05 »

ARM has proposed a pull request for UE4 which adds a possibility to export glTF 2.0 data (meshes, animations, simple materials, scene structure) from UnrealEd. Let's see if Epic will approve it or not. I know that Epic adds some glTF stuff to their Unreal Studio (Unreal engine Enterprise), and definitely ignoring anything in the main engine branch - their glTF import plugin wasn't updated since it was introduced in UE4.19.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2019, 10:11 »

It seems Epic decided to go "Unreal Studio" (Datasmith) way for glTF import, so this technology won't be available for everyone ... Actually I knew that already (I think my company is doing that work for Epic), but now it's official confirmation.
https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/blog/unreal-studio-4-22-advances-real-time-photoreal-rendering
sneakyerz

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2019, 14:07 »

Anyone here who has experience with Blender and with glTF? I cant seem to get the UV's working when importing a glTF model into Blender (I have installed the original glTF import/exporter on my Blender V2.79b)
Im going to use a model from GGXrd REV to showcase how the model looks like.
Right side is the glTF model with original normals and to the left is an Noesis FBX exported model with unedited normals that aren't it's actual normals.

They do export all UV materials but it seems the UV's are somewhat broken upon import for the glTF model.
I also applied the same texture on all material slots to see how the models looks like.

I also tried to transfer the FBX model's UV's to the glTF model but it didn't work (It doesn't matter where the model is, it will gain the UV's with the exact position)

And here's how the UV's looks like, first one is the FBX model, second one is glTF model.

They have the same exact UV's and textures, yet different result. I would love to get some help with this and hopefully fix this problem.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 14:41 by Gildor » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2019, 14:12 »

Try using addon mentioned in the first post. Also, author of that addon said that it has been integrated into Blender 2.8 as core feature.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2019, 14:41 »

Added export of mesh LODs when using glTF output format (previously only 1st LOD was exported).
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: