April 18, 2024, 13:14
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Payday 3  (Read 2236 times)
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« on: August 04, 2023, 01:28 »

Game: Payday 3 (steam page)
UE4 version: 4.27
AES key: in the same place as usual (link)

Meshes and textures works fine with latest umodel build (1590 at the moment). For proper animations support use specific build from this topic - no special override is required, simply choose proper engine version. Almost all materials are custom.  

* Clipboard01.jpg (177.64 KB, 2551x1242 - viewed 489 times.)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2023, 23:45 by spiritovod » Logged
THOT_PATROLL

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2023, 06:41 »

is there a way to export custom materials or set them up in blender?
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2023, 14:07 »

@THOT_PATROLL: They are already exported, it's just you need to figure out how textures and other properties should be applied. You can take a look at materials properties in the viewer by clicking on them in materials mode, or in separate files upon export (if mesh is exported to psk).
THOT_PATROLL

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2023, 20:55 »

When I open up a model in the viewer it seems like only parts of the model have the correct texture. it also doesn't seem like the textures exist. from what i noticed it seems like the BCR textures are supposed to be diffuse textures but it looks like they are missing. i found normal maps and other textures that exist but don't have a diffuse to go with them

Is there a way to fix this issue? I have tried some ideas like exporting in different formats but i can't seem to fix it.
sickbrain

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2023, 19:38 »

Thank you for this. I do hope someone can tell how to manage the materials and textures since I don't have enough experience to texture the models myself. Custom materials do sound interesting though.
GANKE

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2023, 22:30 »

When I open up a model in the viewer it seems like only parts of the model have the correct texture. it also doesn't seem like the textures exist. from what i noticed it seems like the BCR textures are supposed to be diffuse textures but it looks like they are missing. i found normal maps and other textures that exist but don't have a diffuse to go with them

Is there a way to fix this issue? I have tried some ideas like exporting in different formats but i can't seem to fix it.

Most major character outfit models do not have Albedo textures.
If you look at UV channel 2[a.k.a EXTRAUVS0], you can see that the UV meshes are separated into approximately 8x8 cells.
[X=7/Y=8] cell is usually assigned to a Material named Accessory.

They are responsible for coloring along with the _Wearmask textureand assigning the detail normal map. The detail normal map is also important because the B channel of the detail normal map is responsible for the roughness value.

In my case, I created an 8*8 resolution texture with a gradual gradient on each R/G channel to give the XY value of the UVs. By creating a mask with a little math node, I was able to specify the color and detail normal maps using the .prop.txt where the material values are stored.

I finally succeeded in creating a UV mask with a simple math function instead of an 8*8 image.

Of course, creating a Material using the _wearmask texture and MI_~.props.txt will result in a pretty messy Material node as the object has more isolated UV cells.

If you are using a tool other than Blender that does not allow math nodes in materials, you will have to either create a Diffuse texture or create an RGB mask. However, if you use RGB masks, you will have to separate the materials as there is a limit to the number of them.

The texture below is one that I baked once to test it out.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2023, 11:04 by GANKE » Logged
Your_lord_Adam

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2023, 09:02 »

Most major character outfit models do not have Albedo textures.
If you look at UV channel 2[a.k.a EXTRAUVS0], you can see that the UV meshes are separated into approximately 8x8 cells.
[X=7/Y=8] cell is usually assigned to a Material named Accessory.

They are responsible for coloring along with the _Wearmask textureand assigning the detail normal map. The detail normal map is also important because the B channel of the detail normal map is responsible for the roughness value.

In my case, I created an 8*8 resolution texture with a gradual gradient on each R/G channel to give the XY value of the UVs. By creating a mask with a little math node, I was able to specify the color and detail normal maps using the .prop.txt where the material values are stored.

I finally succeeded in creating a UV mask with a simple math function instead of an 8*8 image.

Of course, creating a Material using the _wearmask texture and MI_~.props.txt will result in a pretty messy Material node as the object has more isolated UV cells.

If you are using a tool other than Blender that does not allow math nodes in materials, you will have to either create a Diffuse texture or create an RGB mask. However, if you use RGB masks, you will have to separate the materials as there is a limit to the number of them.

The texture below is one that I baked once to test it out.

Would you be willing to share this blend file? im looking to recreate the games materials in UE4 for modding but never got the materials looking as good as you've done here.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2023, 12:38 by Your_lord_Adam » Logged
roachdaripper

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2023, 04:17 »

Seems like exporting animations isn't possible with the ToA build you linked to
Code:
Memory: bad allocation size -1476395008 bytes
appMalloc: size=-1476395008 (total=8 Mbytes) <- FArray::Empty: 1308622848 x 12 <- TArray::SerializeSimple <- SerializeBulkArray <- FRawAnimSequenceTrack<< <- TArray::Serialize: 0/1744830464 <- UAnimSequence4::Serialize <- LoadObject: AnimSequence4'A_CLK_Cbt_Mel1H_Std_GrapplingHk_Ldg_RM_1200cm_Cl_TP_01.A_CLK_Cbt_Mel1H_Std_GrapplingHk_Ldg_RM_1200cm_Cl_TP_01', pos=10E4, ver=522/0 (unversioned), game=ue4.[0-27] <- UObject::EndLoad <- LoadWholePackage: /Game/Gameplay/Animations/Animation/NPC/Cloaker/Combat/_GenericFamily/Animations/Agilities/A_CLK_Cbt_Mel1H_Std_GrapplingHk_Ldg_RM_1200cm_Cl_TP_01.uasset <- ExportPackages <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main: umodel_build=1579 based fix33

EDIT: The above was with the UE5 exe, with the UE4 exe there's no assertion error but this is what appears in the cmd window
Code:
Loading package: /Game/Gameplay/Animations/Animation/NPC/Cloaker/Combat/_GenericFamily/Animations/Agilities/A_CLK_Cbt_Mel1H_Std_GrapplingHk_Ldg_RM_1200cm_Cl_TP_01.uasset Ver: 522/0 Engine: 0 [Unversioned] Names: 85 Exports: 7 Imports: 20 Game: 1000360
Loading AnimSequence4 A_CLK_Cbt_Mel1H_Std_GrapplingHk_Ldg_RM_1200cm_Cl_TP_01 from package /Game/Gameplay/Animations/Animation/NPC/Cloaker/Combat/_GenericFamily/Animations/Agilities/A_CLK_Cbt_Mel1H_Std_GrapplingHk_Ldg_RM_1200cm_Cl_TP_01.uasset
ObjectProperty: unknown UAnimSequence4 BoneCompressionSettings
ObjectProperty: unknown UAnimSequence4 CurveCompressionSettings
Loading package: /Game/Characters/Player/SK_Biped_Skeleton.uasset Ver: 522/0 Engine: 0 [Unversioned] Names: 361 Exports: 2 Imports: 5 Game: 1000360
ArrayProperty: unknown UAnimSequence4 AssetUserData
Loading Skeleton SK_Biped_Skeleton from package /Game/Characters/Player/SK_Biped_Skeleton.uasset
StructProperty: unknown USkeleton VirtualBoneGuid
******** Loading object SkeletalMeshSocket'SK_Biped_Skeleton.SkeletalMeshSocket_2' ********
*** AnimSequence A_CLK_Cbt_Mel1H_Std_GrapplingHk_Ldg_RM_1200cm_Cl_TP_01 is not supported, use ACL build for it

EDIT2: the animations use ACL, and the ACL build of umodel works just fine
« Last Edit: November 21, 2023, 05:16 by roachdaripper » Logged
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2023, 23:51 »

@roachdaripper: Thank you for the info. Early game versions were not using ACL animations, but latest versions are. Link in the first post is updated, it now leads to required build.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: