May 24, 2019, 20:07
bigger smaller reset 800px Wide width Full width Reset * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Donate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: UModel and a game that crashes with a Fatal error  (Read 106 times)
Cool629

View Profile
« on: May 05, 2019, 23:21 »

I’m new to the program but I’m kinda disappointed with what can be viewed and what can’t. For starters I’m trying to get models, Weapons, props, maps, and animations from Monster Madness: Battle for Suburbia and it only loads textures to models, and the models themselves can’t be extracted or viewed. When I put “override game detection on” then put “unreal engine 4” with “unreal engine 4.21” since it works properly there from it’s compatibility. I then click “tools” and “scan content” then get “unable to read 454804 bytes at pos=0x 1000” from monsters only. As for the whole package with everything it gets “assertion failed: H.Tag == Package_File_Tag” as for without the “Override game detection” it works with the whole package with everything but the character models can’t be viewed cause there’s nothing to load and only the textures load as for the maps? It works but crashes with “access violation (C0000005) at umodel.exe+0x3652A” and most of the maps have different end numbers after “0x” so can someone fix it? Cause this game is awesome but it sucks the models are stuck behind crap ton of errors.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2019, 00:06 »

Firstly, this game has a thread (did you see a search box above?)
https://www.gildor.org/smf/index.php/topic,113.0.html
You should change some settings to make it working, unless the game was updated since the thread was created.

Secondly, the game uses UE3, it was released in 2007 - at that time UE4 didn't exist at all, why you're setting it to UE4 and screaming about disappointment? If you'll set game to "Unreal 1" and try to open any UE4 game, it will crash either.

If you're going to post "constructive" questions or other messages, you're welcome to continue discussion in a thread mentioned above. "General discussion" is rather a trap for bots (most of true spam appears exactly here and gets immediately removed), umodel is not discussed here.
Cool629

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2019, 05:59 »

Well... damn I guess but still it was mostly to get someone’s attention to help get the models to work and be extracted since no one in the world actually published the models and stuff. So is there a way to extract UE3 games properly? Cause it’d help big time.
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: