Gildor's Forums

Author Topic: Possible to use PS4 DLC with a PC UE3 Game (Batman Arkham Knight)?  (Read 60 times)
Koomazaz

View Profile
Possible to use PS4 DLC with a PC UE3 Game (Batman Arkham Knight)?
« on: September 24, 2019, 01:06 »

Hello,

I have acquired decrypted PS4 pkg files for two exclusive pieces of Arkham Knight DLC (Scarecrow Nightmare Missions and some skins).  Using Ps4PKGViewer, I extracted the Content folders for each.  Within the Content folders are "Config" (containing Orbis-BmGame.ini) and "CookedOrbis" (containing .bin, .xxx, and .tfc files).

If I rename Orbis-BmGame.ini to BmGame.ini, the in-game menus show the Scarecrow Nightmare missions and the skins as selectable options.

However, if I select the Scarecrow Nightmare racing mission, it just loads a different racing map.  And if I select one of the exclusive skins, the game crashes with an error (something about being unable to locate one of the .xxx files).  I tried passing in the -seekfreeloading launch parameter.

I have very little knowledge of how to use the Unreal Engine 3, so I started doing some research about cooked files.  I understand that these .xxx files are cooked for the PS4 version of Arkham Knight.  I also understand that it is not likely that we could extract and repackage these .xxx files or "uncook" them.

Simply, is there any chance of getting the PC version Arkham Knight to use the exclusive PS4 exclusive DLC files?  Is there anyway to "recook" PS4 files into a PC-cooked file?

Any guidance or suggestions would be welcome!  Thanks!
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
Re: Possible to use PS4 DLC with a PC UE3 Game (Batman Arkham Knight)?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2019, 09:38 »

PC, PS4, Xbox etc packages are not compatible with each other. Most likely engine will not notice new files at all. If it will notice and attempt to load - in this case you'll get crash.
Koomazaz

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2019, 03:57 »

I think I know the answer, but there is no way to re-package the package, right?  No way to either covert it directly to a PC package or to "un-cook" it?
Koomazaz

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2019, 04:03 »

In other words, is there any possible way to get this PS4-exclusive content to work with the PC game, even if it requires some serious work?
paulmr95

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2019, 10:09 »

If you could upload the files to mega or mediafire, I could take a look at those files and work on integrating them in Arkham Knight on PC.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2019, 10:29 by paulmr95 » Logged
Koomazaz

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2019, 03:43 »

Check your private messages!
Jump to: