Gildor's Forums

Author Topic: Splinter Cell Series (SC1-4)  (Read 760 times)
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
Re: Splinter Cell Series (SC1-4)
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2023, 20:07 »

I guess offline version of Chaos Theory and the rest of Double Agent wouldn't be supported for now, at least not until I'll get the idea behind their custom serialization, especially for struct properties. And Chaos Theory (offline) is using non-standard geometry - like triangle strips or quads - for most meshes, which is not supported by umodel in general.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2023, 20:11 by spiritovod » Logged
Joshhhuaaa

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2023, 04:42 »

I guess offline version of Chaos Theory and the rest of Double Agent wouldn't be supported for now, at least not until I'll get the idea behind their custom serialization, especially for struct properties. And Chaos Theory (offline) is using non-standard geometry - like triangle strips or quads - for most meshes, which is not supported by umodel in general.

Yeah, I already knew that Chaos Theory and Double Agent's offline won't be getting any further support for now, I just thought I'd share most of the Texture packages have a method to be extracted if anybody wanted them.

Was adding support for the Animation/SkeletalMesh for SCPT Versus and SCCT Versus considered difficult/unlikely at the moment? Those could be useful for something else I'm working on.

I've been trying to fix UnrealEd 3 (UE2) for modern hardware/Windows currently with a few people, so hopefully I'll have good news to share with that, but kinda unrelated with UModel.
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2023, 01:56 »

@Joshhhuaaa: I have plans to look into the series again when I have more time, but not right now.
Joshhhuaaa

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2023, 08:45 »

@Joshhhuaaa: I have plans to look into the series again when I have more time, but not right now.

No problem, thanks for the current progress so far. If I get anything else to share in the future that may help with extracting assets, I'll update them here.
Pepsee

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2024, 01:08 »

Hey! I don't mean to sound rude, I'm just curious if any progress since last time, really looking forward to the possibility of extracting assets from Chaos Theory, Double Agent, SVM, etc.   grin
Firblind

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2024, 07:52 »

Just posting here to also show interest in the possibility of the other three games in the serious with further support. Already EXTREMELY grateful about the first game getting StaticMesh support.
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2024, 17:10 »

Unless I'm missing something, textures should be supported in all versions where possible - other games are using either non-standard packages or encrypted. As for the meshes, main issue with the rest of them in various Splinter Cell games is that they're using non-standard geometry, tringle strips. Even if they're passed directly to render - SDL2 supports OpenGL rendering of triangle strips - results are not correct in most cases. And they should be converted to full triangles for export, otherwise output is not compatible with existing tools. I did some research on it for other games like Brothers In Arms series, but in current state it's not very useful, also because of multiple mesh sections. Actually I wouldn't be surprised if various Splinter Cell games are using various approach for triangle strips on top of current mess. Considering all this, I'd not expect any updates on this any time soon.
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2024, 16:30 »

Static meshes from Chaos Theory (offline) are now supported as well (those from dynamic-pc.umd). Also a few fixes for textures from that version are added to prevent crashes.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2024, 14:22 by spiritovod » Logged
Joshhhuaaa

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2024, 10:05 »

I'm a bit late seeing this but great work as always, really nice to have access to SCCT single player meshes.
Jump to: