Gildor's Forums

Author Topic: Injustice console modding  (Read 61 times)
Kamakazi51

View Profile
Injustice console modding
« on: December 18, 2019, 06:43 »

This post is about modding injustice for the 360. Try to mod pc skins to the 360 char_.xxx. I'm new to texture modding got started a little with ssfiv. Is the process similar , can I swap in this case the 2dtexture files. Couldn't find much to view them. Some mk tools can decompress now trying an xpacker app that shows a lot more info, I'm sure I'm not getting the most out of the program . The broke down .xxx folders both have texture folders and have no dds files. Any help would be appreciated.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
Re: Injustice console modding
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2019, 07:52 »

Texture formats for XBox360 are different compared to PC (or any other platform).
Kamakazi51

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2020, 22:44 »

Gildors I'm back at it . I've got my dds open using gimp 2.0.  I'm trying to use some pc mods on xb version. The texture2d look the same size. I cut the pc _diff to xb's _diff,    I'm not sure when saving to make a dxt1  , rgba . The textures open with transparent parts . When saved and opened comes out black in those parts?      To inject I'm using mk9.ddsinjector,  it holds for a long time and after hours say injected. Does the new .xxx always have a bigger file size than original. Any help would be appreciated.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2020, 22:52 »

.xxx extension means "seek-free cooked upk file", the upk cooked for console, with stripping the most of editor data.
As I said before, Xbox360 textures has differences in encoding (some people call it "swizzle"), so if you'll replace data and force game to not crash with it - you'll get garbage.
Jump to: