Gildor's Forums

Author Topic: Injustice console modding  (Read 88 times)
Kamakazi51

View Profile
Injustice console modding
« on: December 18, 2019, 06:43 »

This post is about modding injustice for the 360. Try to mod pc skins to the 360 char_.xxx. I'm new to texture modding got started a little with ssfiv. Is the process similar , can I swap in this case the 2dtexture files. Couldn't find much to view them. Some mk tools can decompress now trying an xpacker app that shows a lot more info, I'm sure I'm not getting the most out of the program . The broke down .xxx folders both have texture folders and have no dds files. Any help would be appreciated.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
Re: Injustice console modding
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2019, 07:52 »

Texture formats for XBox360 are different compared to PC (or any other platform).
Kamakazi51

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2020, 22:44 »

Gildors I'm back at it . I've got my dds open using gimp 2.0.  I'm trying to use some pc mods on xb version. The texture2d look the same size. I cut the pc _diff to xb's _diff,    I'm not sure when saving to make a dxt1  , rgba . The textures open with transparent parts . When saved and opened comes out black in those parts?      To inject I'm using mk9.ddsinjector,  it holds for a long time and after hours say injected. Does the new .xxx always have a bigger file size than original. Any help would be appreciated.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2020, 22:52 »

.xxx extension means "seek-free cooked upk file", the upk cooked for console, with stripping the most of editor data.
As I said before, Xbox360 textures has differences in encoding (some people call it "swizzle"), so if you'll replace data and force game to not crash with it - you'll get garbage.
Kamakazi51

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2020, 09:14 »

I've had neither realm mods on my jtag.  Mkke had a female mod. Was nice. So far I've been able to unpack fine. It's the repack where im getting stuck .I'm using mk9.ddsinjectorV1.4 it says injected after a couple hours.
Kamakazi51

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2020, 09:20 »

My xbox image opens in my editing program Gimp fine and opens at same size as PC's. Where in the file does the swizzle rear its ugly head, the 2dtextures appear the same when opened in editor Merry Christmas aswell
Jump to: