Gildor's Forums

Author Topic: Final Fantasy VII Remake  (Read 37352 times)
toonhound

View Profile
Re: [PS4] Final Fantasy VII Remake
« Reply #240 on: January 06, 2023, 08:29 »

Hi, I'd like to ask about something I am trying to understand with the Intergrade Animations using this tool.

Everything works wonderfully well including Meshes, Textures, Animations etc.. and I can import them into latest Blender without issues

However what I am trying to understand is this...
when opening a character animation from Cut folder it has an animation for the motion only (without Facial animation) and an animation for the face (with static Body only) I am trying to understand some way to combine these and export.
My ultimate goal is to have them both play together in Blender

Can someone give me some help on this or at least point me in the right direction?

EDIT: I was definitely overthinking this, actually they both import and work together in the NLA editor
Thanks anyway
« Last Edit: January 08, 2023, 22:36 by toonhound » Logged
whyfory

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: April 30, 2023, 16:01 »

After searching for a long time, I finally found the "UEViewer" program specifically for FF7Re. Thank you very much for the developer's contribution. Now I can successfully export the game resources in it

But before that, I had been trying to debug the source code of gildor2 published on Github using Visual Studio. Whether it was the PS4 version or the PC version of FF7Re, no models could be exported, only materials could be exported.

Exporting the model of FF7Re in PS4 version will result in an error of "Memory: bad allocation" (and I am using a Pak file extracted from Fake_pkg, so it should not be an encrypted problem)

In VS, no matter how I change the value of the constant "MAX_ALLOCATION_SIZE" defined in the "Memory. cpp" file or even delete the relevant code, it still cannot be exported and is always the same error. I also try to find out where the function "appError()" was called and set breakpoints, but I cannot figure out which problem actually occurred. I have also tried various versions of UE multiple times

The only clue is that the value of the variable "argptr" defined in the function "appError()" in the "Core. cpp" file is assigned to "0x0000000000000<NULL>", indicating that the program is unable to access memory and has thrown an exception at this memory location

So I don't know if anyone can answer for me, explain the principles behind this "customized version", or provide source code for learning. This is my first exposure to this aspect. Thank you again for the contributions made by the developers Grin
zangchunyu

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: February 07, 2024, 06:40 »

Thanks to Gildor and Spiritovod for the awesome tool! Here I want to report some animation issues to Spiritovod when using the customized UEViewer.
1. Some motion files (very few) can't be loaded. For example: the motion file "Motion\Player\PC0000_Cloud\Neutral00\N_Get_Item.uasset" can't be loaded to the mesh
 "Character\Player\PC0000_00_Cloud_Standard\Model\PC0000_00.uasset".

My bad, sorry, the reason for this is that the uasset being a blendspace, not an anim sequence.
2. Some motion files are loaded with wrong frame rate "-nan(ind)", for example: "Motion\Player\PC0000_Cloud\Neutral00\N_Idle01_1.uasset".

Thanks again to Mr.Spiritovod for the tool!
« Last Edit: February 07, 2024, 15:06 by zangchunyu » Logged
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy VII Remake
« Reply #243 on: February 09, 2024, 23:00 »

Specific build for Intergrade is updated to v7. Some animations were fixed, like the mentioned above. Also now materials from "renderer" subfolder can be linked to assets and loaded, though they're not parsed properly (previously they were excluded from umodel's scope due to issues). As workaround you can use exported materials properties from PS4 version, available here.

P.S. This is one of two cases when I actually regret abandoning a game for a long time. My apologies to at least jones45 and other people expecting some fixes.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2024, 23:08 by spiritovod » Logged
zangchunyu

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: February 17, 2024, 12:01 »

Thanks, the new tools works great! I'll report back later when I find new issues. Grin
lizard

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: February 19, 2024, 13:43 »

@spiritovod
thanks for your work, Why is the exported tifa animation file so large,about 27.7g that i cant import it to 3dmax。
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: February 19, 2024, 16:21 »

@lizard: The game has a lot of animations for major characters. I'd recommend to export only required ones by manually appending them to the mesh, or export them in parts. You can use scan and flat view mode to simplify the task - there is sorting and filtering there.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2024, 17:04 by spiritovod » Logged
Feristalj

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: March 05, 2024, 16:55 »

Hello, is there a way to export a whole bunch of these as psa's at once? I can do that with Crisis Core, Reunion, but when I try here it won't let me export the animation files separately unless they're appended to the character, and with the character it only makes separate PSA's when it's less than 4 animations loaded
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: March 06, 2024, 20:02 »

@Feristalj: That's how umodel works, you can only export animations when they're loaded to a mesh, regardless of the game. For batch export animations are merged into single psa (or gltf), which are split again upon loading in other tools with proper support for these formats.
Feristalj

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: March 08, 2024, 02:26 »

@Feristalj: That's how umodel works, you can only export animations when they're loaded to a mesh, regardless of the game. For batch export animations are merged into single psa (or gltf), which are split again upon loading in other tools with proper support for these formats.

Umm I may not have explained it properly so let me try again I'm sorry.

Ok, so let me use Street Fighter V for example which usese the base umodel.

When I import the mesh for SFV into the  (The normal Umodel and load it up, I go and find the animation files for that character.

Afterwards I highlight every single animation that character has and instead of appending it into the mesh, I'm able to extract them all as seperate PSA files from the menu directly.  I'm able to do the same with CCFF7 as well.

But for some reason when I try that method with remake, it gives me an error to exporting. The only way I can export with Remake is by actually appending the animations into the mesh first, and then export from that window.
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: March 08, 2024, 20:19 »

@Feristalj: It's not possible here and all games where animations are retargeted through different skeleton than used by mesh. What you were doing in other games is essentially the same, first you load a mesh with skeleton and then upon exporting anims umodel is trying to find out skeleton linked to anims within loaded objects, and fails if it can't find any. Such approach is possible, but since it doesn't work in some cases, it's not recommend, especially for the game.
Feristalj

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: March 09, 2024, 00:26 »

Ooh okay that makes sense why it works for some cases, but not all cases! Thank you!
Jump to: