March 28, 2024, 19:25
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Problem with compile Umodel Source Code on VS  (Read 1385 times)
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2020, 20:00 »

In Visual Studio Code: open the project, build using Ctrl+Shift+B key, in debug pane select the configuration for launch, press "Run" button.
BatFan

Smasha

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2020, 20:15 »

Okey but before run, I want ask which I should select arguments in configuartion for launch?
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2020, 20:21 »

Edit .vscode/launch.json
Alternatively the approach which I use myself: use "Volatile (cmdline.cfg)", and put command line arguments to docs/cmdline.cfg file (it's not in git). Example and explanation: https://github.com/gildor2/UEViewer/wiki/Response-file
BatFan

Smasha

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2020, 20:50 »

Okey it work in VS code too.
But you said in the ''Motivation and use case'' topic (in link)  ''To debug UModel executable...''

So I need this source code to debug executable?
I wanna debug same source code and edit code meanwhile, (to change the program use or add functions for OpenGL)

It is possible?
BatFan

Smasha

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2020, 18:56 »

I want ask other users here how they using source code and for what reason.

Personally I don't see difference between Umodel from download site and Source code available on Github, because it's the same functionality. If would be possible to easy compile program and run new associated codes like Mr. Gildor said in ReadMe and on Github Wiki, everyone should be able to modding all supported games (Expecially StaticMeshes and SkieletalMeshes)
So Gildor known that and made it difficult.  :'(
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2020, 19:03 »

So Gildor known that and made it difficult.  :'(
It is NOT difficult for those who knows the underlying area. You're "learning programming", and trying to do relatively complex staff right in the beginning. When failed, says - "Gildor made it difficult".

If that stuff would be easy, there would be MANY alternatives for UModel (and I even won't spend any time for it). Isn't it?
BatFan

Smasha

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2020, 19:24 »

Okay you got me
If learning C++ and writing own programs would help me understand how build your program, I'II do it.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2020, 19:32 »

Didn't you build it already???

Just in case: if you really plan to MODIFY game with that, forget it.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 19:55 by Gildor » Logged
BatFan

Smasha

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2020, 21:51 »

Hmm The only thing that keep it impossible, it's game executable in binary. Without that, I will able to run modified packages, because it check the game files and verify in loading screen.
For sure it's better than decompiler and extractor of cooked unreal files.
So meanwhile Learing C++ I have future plans for reverse enningering, expecialy to debug the game.
So if I clean the alogrythm in Debuger that verify the same size of game files, it will work.

Nothing is imposible today, so I still learing, even right now.

I worked last year at UDK and UE4 engine with blueprint and I know how Mods and modding of the released game work.

Basicaly, Texturing games is nothing ambitious than manimulate meshes.
Textures interact easly with game engine like physics, because it's just modified color and material and it can't contribute on game psysics.

Code:
The Psysics of released game is already created and can't be changed, so modifying game characters contribute on game psysics wrong, and I get error.
I know, I should pay atention by editing/modeling meshes.
For sure I can't change the bones of character which playing aminations ingame.
And I can't overrite 'colision' for meshes because modified colison will crash physics of the game.

Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2020, 22:20 »

Ok, so this thread is about "Problem with compile Umodel Source Code on VS". Do you have anything else to ask about that?
Anything regarding modding of existing games is not allowed on this forum anyway.
BatFan

Smasha

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2020, 22:39 »

Yes I wanna see your video/guide on Youtube
- How to compile Umodel Source code on github respository (something like that)

I edited this text 2 times, sorry.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 22:40 by BatFan » Logged
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2020, 22:52 »

UModel is in general "advanced" application, which requires relatively strong programming skills. Usually people has no problems with compiling it, unless these people doesn't know anything about programming. That's why I see no point for making any video showing how to compile and run the application - it doesn't differ too much from "standard" approach now. The difference is explained in README.md.

So, if you FOLLOWED my explanations before, installed BuildTools, and still can't build - I'd suggest recording another one video. Make sure to look at "build output" window, you should see there what's really wrong!
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: