March 29, 2024, 05:10
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: converting models to hl2/hl  (Read 1765 times)
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2020, 17:15 »

I'd recommend using the recent UModel, I see you're using some June version. Export will go much faster, especially if you have multi-core CPU.

Regarding duplicates, I still think you're doing something wrong. For instance, doing "export all" with some batch file, or with multiple launches of UModel. You should 1) select "Uncook", 2) select root folder in UModel's "packahe selector" window, 3) right-click and press "Export". With this approach, duplicates should appear only if the same texture exists multiple times with different "uncooked" name. If UModel tries to export texture which it already exported during THIS RUN, it will simply skip export. If texture has the same name, but it IS DIFFERENT - only then UModel will add numeric suffix to it.

If you're running export with batch file (e.g. batch provided on this site), then UModel will not know if texture it tries to overwrite is the same or not, and it will add suffix in any case. It is NOT reading file on disk to see if it tries to write identical file or not. However, there's an option "do not overwrite existing files" which will prevent file overwrite and prevent adding numeric suffixes, even when you're doing export with multiple UModel runs.
grml4d

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 25, 2020, 23:16 »

i understand what you mean.. extracting all files is not "common.." but others tools are not able to read unreal files..
i watched again the videos.. yours and the tutorials.. problem is also that you use keyb and keys that no one can see..
sometimes you do multi selections...

like with batman arkham asylum.. i was not able to see monsters others than bat or joker..
the unreal file format is very "protective" for owner rights.. well have fun using it.. i prefer my half-life ancestor game
i ll check back in few month or years.. or after virus19 killed 9/10 of the world pop...

i joke but that boring ,, i ll check back in few weeks to see how you updated your tool.. good luck
mark2580

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 26, 2020, 03:11 »

Please don't come back... beg.

MARK2580
grml4d

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2020, 20:31 »

in all case : if i am back that will not be for reading your "no-value" posts and comments...
i am french .. and we have europe...that was a little bushiness before a lot of countries from the est joined us..

i think i know why they "hate" russia" so much... because some of the people there are just boring and very uninteresting... same goes with women from there that prefer la vida loca of france-spain and italia...
that is sad for you.. you should try "working" for once .. like finding or extracting the models i want out of my 800 Go....
mark2580

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 29, 2020, 11:39 »

in all case : if i am back that will not be for reading your "no-value" posts and comments...
i am french .. and we have europe...that was a little bushiness before a lot of countries from the est joined us..

i think i know why they "hate" russia" so much... because some of the people there are just boring and very uninteresting... same goes with women from there that prefer la vida loca of france-spain and italia...
that is sad for you.. you should try "working" for once .. like finding or extracting the models i want out of my 800 Go....
I don't give a damn where you're from. I'm okay with everyone. I'm just surprised that for several months you can't figure out how to extract models and port them to an ancient engine, for which thousands of programs and tutorials have been invented. You just blow your mind.

MARK2580
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: