Gildor's Forums

Author Topic: Is it possible to cook UPK files?  (Read 717 times)
DaRealPoopster

View Profile
Is it possible to cook UPK files?
« on: September 24, 2020, 04:04 »

I'm currently modding IB3, and I've imported a Shrek Texture as a UPK file. I've viewed it with UModel, and it does in fact work. I'm just wondering if its possible to cook it, since I need a cooked xxx format for it to readable. It should be possible since Epic and Chair did it.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
Re: Is it possible to cook UPK files?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2020, 09:21 »

1. What is IB3?
2. Do you have editor for this game?
3. I think .xxx files are "seek-free", what usually means - game level. In order to cook it, you should have ALL source files included into that level.
DaRealPoopster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2020, 06:24 »

1. IB3 is Infinity Blade 3
2. I do not have an editor for the game. I just turned the IPA to a ZIP and opened it up. Then I found the swordgame.app folder
3. I don't think so. I've used UModel, and found xxx files also contain just models, not just entire maps, if that's what you meant
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2020, 09:00 »

IB3, the older version, used standard Unreal engine 3. Newer version has some modifications, if I'm correct - should verify the game's thread for that.
UE3 doesn't have any problems if game is using standard engine, and you're loading standard upk/xxx made with OLDER version of editor. So, I think cooking is possible, but everything else might be painful - if you'd try to load new package into the game in addition or instead of existing package.
DaRealPoopster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2020, 19:38 »

Thank you so much. Yes, it does use UE3/Unreal Development Kit. I realize cooking should be in theory possible, but whenever I cook models. It fails. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-if_4UWJxU583kR7tnB3NduJ9X9zH4bq/view?usp=sharing. That is my Shrek model UPK. Yet, I can't cook it with Unreal Frontend
Jump to: