March 29, 2024, 13:56
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Any ETA on when UE5 is supported on UModel?  (Read 6073 times)
OP_Amqerica_HPE

View Profile
« on: September 29, 2021, 03:57 »

I'm pretty sure since none of the available versions on UModel are supported, the game I'm trying to datamine isn't extractible because it may have been upgraded to UE5. I can't even view meshes anymore..
Arty

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2021, 05:34 »

As far as I am aware, there is none. I don't know anything concrete on this subject though, I don't work on Umodel nor have any connections to Gildor, but I did a search through the forums and cannot find anything having been discussed about it. So, no clue.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2021, 10:49 »

UE5 (probably) will be supported after the engine will get a release. Currently, it's a "preview".
zerozone

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2022, 14:36 »

do you think it would be possible to get nanite geometry from the engine? that would be incredible actually Smiley
Amazing job BTW
mark2580

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2022, 10:54 »

do you think it would be possible to get nanite geometry from the engine? that would be incredible actually Smiley
Amazing job BTW
I very much doubt that anyone will use this "feature" of the engine at all, they boasted about it in the preview video and immediately everyone forgot about it.

MARK2580
zerozone

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2022, 14:47 »

mark2580 yu can't be more wrong xD
I'm game developer, I was working for several companies including Ubisoft, I know for sure a lot of companies are working on titles and taking advantage of nanite, this with lumen are the most important features of the engine, and I can almost garantee you that most of the games using UE5 will use it extensively
Cyborg

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2022, 19:54 »

I am wondering too if any attempts in supporting UE5 natively by umodel is in development Smiley
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2022, 21:46 »

I'm not doing any UModel development for a long time, probably just making some small fixes from time to time. However, there are custom builds for some UE5 games.
mark2580

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2022, 02:42 »

I'm not doing any UModel development for a long time, probably just making some small fixes from time to time. However, there are custom builds for some UE5 games.
I would like to see at least basic support for UE5.0. Now more and more projects appear on this engine.

MARK2580
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2022, 04:46 »

So called "basic support" is not possible by design, because of unversioned properties, while all UE5 games are using them by default. Aside from that they can be changed in like every minor engine update, most games doesn't use "vanilla" engine versions. Which means for almost every game you need something like mapping for used properties, which should be reversed from the game or its data, and it can't be automated. Afaik, for fmodel they've already rolled out support for external mappings, but I seriously doubt normal user would be able to create one by itself, which means you still need to wait someone experienced to do it - at least for big games like next Witcher or Black Myth we'll see them for sure, but the rest...
Also, I have no idea about nanite meshes, which is modern replacement for static meshes to allow generating LODs of any desired quality at runtime from compressed data instead of using limited amount of baked LODs. It's not like you can simply "parse" such data or something.

P.S. Though if you'll simply skip properties and serialize the rest of data, you can get something from it, but in many assets properties contains important values and all this scheme is a big ugly workaround.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2022, 05:02 by spiritovod » Logged
mark2580

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2022, 19:35 »

So called "basic support" is not possible by design, because of unversioned properties, while all UE5 games are using them by default. Aside from that they can be changed in like every minor engine update, most games doesn't use "vanilla" engine versions. Which means for almost every game you need something like mapping for used properties, which should be reversed from the game or its data, and it can't be automated. Afaik, for fmodel they've already rolled out support for external mappings, but I seriously doubt normal user would be able to create one by itself, which means you still need to wait someone experienced to do it - at least for big games like next Witcher or Black Myth we'll see them for sure, but the rest...
Also, I have no idea about nanite meshes, which is modern replacement for static meshes to allow generating LODs of any desired quality at runtime from compressed data instead of using limited amount of baked LODs. It's not like you can simply "parse" such data or something.

P.S. Though if you'll simply skip properties and serialize the rest of data, you can get something from it, but in many assets properties contains important values and all this scheme is a big ugly workaround.

I didn't think that everything had changed so much, I thought I could get various models and textures from all sorts of abandoned patreon projects as before.  Undecided

MARK2580
Digika

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2022, 14:57 »

Mappings-file only relevant for like 1.5 games that use it, including Fortnite. The rest of UE5.0 games dont differ much and can be easily parsed with existing tools, see CUE4Parse/Fmodel.
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2022, 22:34 »

@Digika: You would be surprised how much UE4 games are used unversioned properties. And literally all UE5 games are using them by default (at least based on release 5 versions), therefore mappings would be required for all of them, so your statement is kinda invalid.
In the same time, fmodel related part of my post above is outdated - it's possible to create mappings with certain dumper(s) automatically and they work with fmodel in cases of default assets formats with certain limitations for UE4 games. For UE5 games things are quite different, but probably at some point fmodel would be better alternative for graphics.

Anyway, this topic is dedicated to umodel. If someone wants to provide third-party solution with explanations or something, feel free to create separate topic for it.
nimofun

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2023, 06:37 »

where is umodel for ue5 games ?
meshuniverse

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2023, 21:11 »

where is umodel for ue5 games ?
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: