March 29, 2024, 02:22
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: [UE4] Life Makeover  (Read 5909 times)
yuehen

View Profile
« on: October 23, 2021, 06:27 »

Download link:http://autopatch-projecti-tc-chn.archosaur.com/igame/media/mystyle01.apk
It is packaged in png format and it is not possible to export any assets according to Dragon Raja's way.
@spiritovod Can you fix it?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2024, 19:35 by spiritovod » Logged
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2021, 22:12 »

Game: Live Makeover / Glamorous Secrets / 以闪亮之名 (steam page / official site)
UE4 version: 4.21

I've added game support to specific build, but unlike other supported games you need to use game specific override option for this game (Unreal 4 -> Life Makeover). Make sure you've read that post carefully, because all games from this developer are using the same approach for assets.

Apparently they added additional materials info into meshes to allow dynamic handling of materials (probably to hide some of them under certain conditions to avoid overlapping, or materials override on the mesh level, or something else). Since I don't work with materials, that additional info was simply skipped. Everything else should work as expected.

Update: Specific build is updated with fixes for latest version of Life Makeover (previously Glamorous Secrets). Now most skeletal meshes contains two rigging sets for some reason (two bone mappings and two weights buffers per lod). I have no idea how it should work, for now second set is used everywhere if present (it should be more detailed, based on values). Updated build should be backward compatible with older game versions.
Update 2: Texture2DArray assets are now also supported, they are exported as single texture.
Update 3: Specific build is updated with some fixes to improve compatibility with various game versions.

* Clipboard01.jpg (95.45 KB, 2551x1233 - viewed 611 times.)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2024, 01:35 by spiritovod » Logged
yuehen

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2021, 15:03 »

Awesome! Thanks
GDL

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2021, 00:26 »

this keeps crashing for me, I extracted all the pngs in the "mystyle01\assets\res_base\package" (16 files/folders) folder and the only other png is the main.obb.png that contains an "Azure" folder with some files, not sure where to put that one as there is no coincidence in any of the file paths
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2021, 01:27 »

@GDL: It's explained in the post with specific build, and applied to all games from this developer:
Note that the game is downloading assets packs on demand, which means that even if you'll get base png/obb and additional packs on first launch, it will not be the whole game. Again, if specific build crashes on any asset, you simply don't have all required files for this asset yet, considering that you've extracted all archives properly.

You can disable textures though, this way you'll be able to load some meshes and animations (manually), extracted from base package.
GDL

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2021, 02:46 »

@GDL: It's explained in the post with specific build, and applied to all games from this developer:
Note that the game is downloading assets packs on demand, which means that even if you'll get base png/obb and additional packs on first launch, it will not be the whole game. Again, if specific build crashes on any asset, you simply don't have all required files for this asset yet, considering that you've extracted all archives properly.

You can disable textures though, this way you'll be able to load some meshes and animations (manually), extracted from base package.

Ah, the textures are the culprit then, thx   Shocked
« Last Edit: October 27, 2021, 17:26 by GDL » Logged
Moonstrewn

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2022, 08:05 »

Glamorous Secrets just had its first test for the SEA version (renamed Life Makeover) and I was lucky enough to get in, but I'm having some issues and I'm unsure if it's because of me or because I'm working with more current files.

I've cross posted some issues I'm having with Bigchill's script- but on the flip side I'm also having issues with some of the models exported from the archived PNGs even if I am not adding/looking at textures whatsoever. I'm unsure if this is because of the iguf issue I posted on Xentax, or because the umodel build is now out of date compared to these files?

I figured I would cross post this here, as well, and link to my post on Xentax in case the issue lies in being unable to extract/unpack the iguf files using the DR .dat script by Bigchill.

Xentax post: https://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=25184
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2022, 16:22 »

@Moonstrewn: Judging by the script error, you have zero sized saved_download_entry.dat or it's not accessible, so the script obviously doesn't work. Make sure you've checked all places where game cache can be stored. As for umodel, the only reason why you can bump into an error with supported games from this developer was already highlighted in base post + in quote above and there are no exceptions.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2022, 16:32 by spiritovod » Logged
Moonstrewn

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2022, 00:37 »

@Moonstrewn: Judging by the script error, you have zero sized saved_download_entry.dat or it's not accessible, so the script obviously doesn't work. Make sure you've checked all places where game cache can be stored. As for umodel, the only reason why you can bump into an error with supported games from this developer was already highlighted in base post + in quote above and there are no exceptions.

Thank you! I repulled the IGUF folder and there's some data in the saved_download_entry.dat this time around, and the scripting worked without a hitch this time around and it looks like that's what fixed the few models that were crashing me on umodel~ It definitely helps to have fresh eyes on something~ Now it's just an issue of grabbing the normal maps, as neither your umodel build or Noesis is working for that.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2022, 00:45 by Moonstrewn » Logged
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2022, 02:33 »

@Moonstrewn: You can read brief explanation of reasons for most issues with games from this developer in this post and that one. It leads to the same outcome - you don't have all required files, either because those are low-res "stub" mips for textures or because folders were not properly merged after extraction. It will not be fixed, because it's not an actual umodel issue.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2022, 02:59 by spiritovod » Logged
Moonstrewn

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2022, 13:24 »

@Moonstrewn: You can read brief explanation of reasons for most issues with games from this developer in this post and that one. It leads to the same outcome - you don't have all required files, either because those are low-res "stub" mips for textures or because folders were not properly merged after extraction. It will not be fixed, because it's not an actual umodel issue.

Thank you for linking the post from the Noah's heart thread! I hadn't seen that and it definitely explains things! c:
fw7612331

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2022, 14:49 »

Hello, I downloaded the latest version of (life makeover), and then opened the file with your specific version of (umodel_dragon_raja_v5) and reported an error. Do you think you can update it?
This is the project file
https://mega.nz/file/i3oSjDZT#-RzYuK_tIyIIc1kfrw_gv1Q1x29pyuOtAwtgo8_Ty8E

* 20220805172356.png (23.71 KB, 546x239 - viewed 157 times.)
fw7612331

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2022, 14:54 »

The game is called Glamorous Secrets in english, despite the site name (Life Makeover for global version). I've added game support to specific build, but unlike other supported games you need to use game specific override option for this game (Unreal 4 -> Glamorous Secrets). Make sure you've read that post carefully, because all games from this developer are using the same approach for assets.

Apparently they added additional materials info into meshes to allow dynamic handling of materials (probably to hide some of them under certain conditions to avoid overlapping, or materials override on the mesh level, or something else). Since I don't work with materials, that additional info was simply skipped. Everything else should work as expected.

Hello, I downloaded the latest version of (life makeover), and then opened the file with your specific version of (umodel_dragon_raja_v5) and reported an error. Do you think you can update it?
This is the project file:
https://mega.nz/file/i3oSjDZT#-RzYuK_tIyIIc1kfrw_gv1Q1x29pyuOtAwtgo8_Ty8E

Could you check, please

* 20220805172356.png (23.71 KB, 546x239 - viewed 124 times.)
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2022, 01:59 »

@fw7612331: I've updated specific build, only based on provided samples though, they have strict restrictions for launching the global version now.

They've reworked certain parts and now most skeletal meshes contains two rigging sets for some reason (two bone mappings and two weights buffers per lod). I have no idea how it should work, for now second set is used everywhere if present (it should be more detailed, based on values). Updated build should be backward compatible with older game versions.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2022, 02:01 by spiritovod » Logged
Major Praline
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2022, 01:56 »

Hi. After posting on another platform and getting sent back here I redid all of the process entirely. As for things to be as clear as possible I will be listing things I did and tried before explaining my problem.

- Downloaded the latest APK, got the ui.png in the res_base folder
- Exported DAT files from emulation (iguf_00 iguf_01 iguf_02 and save_download_entry)
- Unpacked everything with all the scripts (and used the last update version of them)
- In separate folder I merge unpacked ui.png (ui folder) & all the folders resulting in DAT files unpacking

At this point, no files are getting rewritten, no conflict no error no nothing. I have all of the .uexp files, but only 21 assets in the model folder with the .uasset files.
I have full access to everything but 3D assets and textures.
Even following instructions, trying to add the main.obb.png (unpacking it of course) isn't fixing anything. Duplicates from DAT files are renamed and checked manually: they are duplicates for .uexp files but no .uasset files.

If I try to use the specific build to export assets which have both .uasset and .uexp files, I get an error relative to the naming of the files (checked it on UE Viewer source code since the error message if not specifying what's wrong) because the .uexp and .uasset files are not named the exact same way so UE Viewer won't read it. (but spoiler alert, renaming doesn't help either)

You can check the error I get exporting the few assets with complete files, I'll also include screenshots of my folders so we can figure out if I did things a very stupid way or not.

EDIT: Seeing what other people are able to rip from the game, seems that I'm lacking more than the half of the files even though I've been unpacking well and following all instructions. Before resolving anything else may I get a hint of where should I find / unpack things I'm lacking? It would help tons. Very sorry for that. (Example of what I have here https://i.imgur.com/UPP5jXY.png 0000000*.uexp being doubles from iguf DAT files)

* umodel_dragon_raja_v6_LQZMqJjU7W.png (113 KB, 1692x793 - viewed 286 times.)

* explorer_OMhNZkfVFZ.png (16.99 KB, 523x310 - viewed 250 times.)

* umodel_dragon_raja_v6_50x1IhePi9.png (16.39 KB, 800x600 - viewed 213 times.)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2022, 05:46 by Major Praline » Logged
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: