March 29, 2024, 01:32
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: [UE4] Life Makeover  (Read 5909 times)
fw7612331

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2022, 04:51 »

@fw7612331: I've updated specific build, only based on provided samples though, they have strict restrictions for launching the global version now.

They've reworked certain parts and now most skeletal meshes contains two rigging sets for some reason (two bone mappings and two weights buffers per lod). I have no idea how it should work, for now second set is used everywhere if present (it should be more detailed, based on values). Updated build should be backward compatible with older game versions.

Thank you very much for your help. Most of the files can be obtained successfully, only a few will prompt an error, or you can't obtain any data such as live2d asset package (role1_act1_rose). The following are some provided project assets with errors.
https://mega.nz/file/a3IVRQqY#eB_NFRZi55AtQh34Xmytk4wGahvAcsKrR1zbrtHInjI
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2022, 17:05 »

@Major Praline: Unlike noesis script, umodel expects more or less complete set of assets, because of linked assets (like mesh + materials + textures), so if something from the chain fails to load, you get an error. Though you can disable supported types at startup screen, to check if some particular type is causing errors or it's something more general.
In your case it's most likely combination of incomplete assets, which is main issue for games from this dev due to the way of delivering assets on demand, and also improper extraction/merging (there shouldn't be any long numerical suffixes at the end of assets names, check samples from posts above). Also you can try initial game version, linked in the first post - it's also incomplete, but enough for testing purposes. On the official site game size is listed as 4GB - expect at least this much before extraction.

@fw7612331: Rolled out another update for specific build, all issues with skeletal and static meshes should be fixed now. The rest of issues is not related to umodel, but to extracted assets - for example, female_hair_0052 doesn't have proper uasset+uexp pair (existing ones doesn't match), or female_stocking_0125, which fails to load because linked material mi_female_stocking_0125_equip01 also doesn't have proper uasset+uexp pair (though mesh itself can be loaded just fine if textures are disabled, which disables materials as well).
I have no plans for supporting live2d assets as it's third party plugin, but I'll look into texture2darray assets.

Also, I see that now even SEA region version is called Life Makeover, so override option and related info is changed accordingly in the specific build and respective posts. Initial name, Glamorous Secrets, is now deprecated.

Update: Texture2DArray assets are now also supported, they're exported as single texture.

* Clipboard02.jpg (160.36 KB, 2551x1239 - viewed 257 times.)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2023, 21:17 by spiritovod » Logged
Major Praline
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2022, 19:27 »

@spiritovod: Thank you so much for all of these explanations. I understand now why I am struggling. I indeed have no issue fetching all DAT files and the ui.png, although I'm now perplex about the OBB file. Other games I'm used to rip simply have their OBB file in the android/obb folder, but LM doesn't seem to have it there. I tried to export many time with the main.obb.png file that is findable in the latest APK, but it is very tiny and seems to be lacking what I'm missing.
I'm missing all of the materials and texture folder but also all of the skeleton assets (which is why I cannot rip or even view anything at all), I think that's what I'm not doing right as all other things seem to be fine.

May I ask for guidance for the OBB file?

To clear out what I did: download APK, extract ui.png, fetch DAT files in android/data/game folder/files/ingameupdate
And the only OBB I found so far is the tiny one in the APK (main.obb.png)

Sorry for that, I wish I could get this done easier, I'm just confused because the process is far away from what I'm used to do.
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2022, 20:08 »

@Major Praline: Most games by Archosaur doesn't use obb nowadays, it's more like a stub. I'm working mostly with provided samples, because of regional restrictions and all that downloading/extracting scheme, but like it was already said, you can take a look at sample from the first post to understand expected layout (except for iguf). And it seems like you've missed the part where it was explained that not all assets are downloaded upon game launch, which is usually happens with other games. Afaik, for example in Dragon Raja base package is around 2GB and initial preload is around 2-3GB, but actual game size is around 10GB, before extraction. You can find more info in posts above.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2022, 20:13 by spiritovod » Logged
Major Praline
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2022, 20:54 »

@Major Praline: Most games by Archosaur doesn't use obb nowadays, it's more like a stub. I'm working mostly with provided samples, because of regional restrictions and all that downloading/extracting scheme, but like it was already said, you can take a look at sample from the first post to understand expected layout (except for iguf). And it seems like you've missed the part where it was explained that not all assets are downloaded upon game launch, which is usually happens with other games. Afaik, for example in Dragon Raja base package is around 2GB and initial preload is around 2-3GB, but actual game size is around 10GB, before extraction. You can find more info in posts above.

Thank you very much. I'm struggling to download the apk in the first post, download stopping and keep getting errors but I'll try again until I have it. (or if possible providing a more stable link would be appreciated if possible!)

As for base package things, I don't what to do much that what I did, knowing that I actively play the game and downloaded all extra packages, I can't fetch more that what I have there I think.
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2022, 21:49 »

@Major Praline: You can use any download manager with resume support to download it. As for actual game files, it's also possible they're stored somewhere else, like in /data/app/ or /data/data/ (both can be accessed only on rooted device). Can't help you with that, since the game is not available in my region yet, and it can't be side-loaded due to in-app restrictions.
Major Praline
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2022, 21:55 »

@spiritovod I'll search for them and will actually post updates on the datas whereabouts because I might not be the only one struggling a little bit about them. Got the first post's apk in my hands and will look into it. I'm very grateful for help and guidance, thanks lots.

EDIT:
As for current version games, I've found 15 missing pngs in /package & /extrapackage folder in the game cache although they're sort of tiny, definitively not containing all of the assets needed.

EDIT2:
Code:
Package "characters/players/female/handheld/female_handheld_0021/female_handheld_0021.uasset": wrong name index 1065353216
UnPackage::SerializeFName: pos=00001C49 <- TArray::Serialize: 2/77 <- FReferenceSkeleton<< <- USkeletalMesh4::Serialize <- LoadObject: SkeletalMesh4'female_handheld_0021.Female_Handheld_0021', pos=1C49, ver=517/0 (unversioned), game=life <- UObject::EndLoad <- LoadWholePackage: characters/players/female/handheld/female_handheld_0021/female_handheld_0021.uasset <- ExportPackages <- UIMenuItem::HandleCommand <- UIMenu::Popup <- UIBaseDialog::WndProc10376
Might be doing some more things wrong but successfully accessed some mesh. (hurray lmao)
Ran throught this , I'll be testing some more but still no luck ripping current version.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2022, 22:50 by Major Praline » Logged
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2022, 03:05 »

@Major Praline: It was an issue with backward compatibility with previous game versions, should be fixed now in the updated build.
zxhxy

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2022, 15:12 »

@spiritovod I'll search for them and will actually post updates on the datas whereabouts because I might not be the only one struggling a little bit about them. Got the first post's apk in my hands and will look into it. I'm very grateful for help and guidance, thanks lots.

EDIT:
As for current version games, I've found 15 missing pngs in /package & /extrapackage folder in the game cache although they're sort of tiny, definitively not containing all of the assets needed.

EDIT2:
Code:
Package "characters/players/female/handheld/female_handheld_0021/female_handheld_0021.uasset": wrong name index 1065353216
UnPackage::SerializeFName: pos=00001C49 <- TArray::Serialize: 2/77 <- FReferenceSkeleton<< <- USkeletalMesh4::Serialize <- LoadObject: SkeletalMesh4'female_handheld_0021.Female_Handheld_0021', pos=1C49, ver=517/0 (unversioned), game=life <- UObject::EndLoad <- LoadWholePackage: characters/players/female/handheld/female_handheld_0021/female_handheld_0021.uasset <- ExportPackages <- UIMenuItem::HandleCommand <- UIMenu::Popup <- UIBaseDialog::WndProc10376
Might be doing some more things wrong but successfully accessed some mesh. (hurray lmao)
Ran throught this , I'll be testing some more but still no luck ripping current version.
A portion of the PNG data is found in the root directory, which is about 1.3g. After combining all the resources, the character's model and animation can be properly accessed
kinshin007

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2022, 18:50 »

@zxhxy Can you share those files? 
I have tried various methods,didn't even get my phone ROOT~~~
好人一生平安~
Major Praline
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2022, 19:15 »

A portion of the PNG data is found in the root directory, which is about 1.3g. After combining all the resources, the character's model and animation can be properly accessed

Thank you! I ended up finding the files, but they seemed to have moved it from where they used to be.
Can't find any package in the root folder anymore.

If anyone has an idea, I've been searching around without luck.
ravith

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2023, 17:21 »

@spiritovod
When I tried to EXTRACT with the latest version, I encountered the following error
This does not happen with all files, so it may be that some items have been added that are not supported.
Can you support this?

Code:
******** Loading object SkeletalMesh4'female_coat_0028.Female_Coat_0028' ********

WARNING: MapTypeName: unknown type 'NumOfVertPercentage' for property 'SkeletalMeshTerminationCriterion'
WARNING: MapTypeName: unknown type 'BonesToRemove' for property 'bAzureNeedsCPUAccess'
ERROR: Package "models/characters/players/female/coat/female_coat_0028/female_coat_0028.uasset": wrong name index 38144
UnPackage::SerializeFName: pos=0000246F <- FPropertyTag<< <- CTypeInfo::SerializeUnrealProps <- UObject::Serialize <- USkeletalMesh4::Serialize <- LoadObject: SkeletalMesh4'female_coat_0028.Female_Coat_0028', pos=246F, ver=517/0 (unversioned), game=life <- UObject::EndLoad <- LoadWholePackage: models/characters/players/female/coat/female_coat_0028/female_coat_0028.uasset <- ExportPackages <- UIMenuItem::HandleCommand <- UIMenu::Popup <- UIBaseDialog::WndProc <- UIBaseDialog::CustomMessageLoop <- UIBaseDialog::ShowDialog: modal=1, title="Choose a package to open" <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main: umodel_build=1544 based fix3
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2023, 18:39 »

@ravith: If some assets of the same type (meshes/textures) works and some doesn't, it's not related to umodel, but extraction issues - there are already multiple explanations above, even with examples.
ravith

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2023, 20:19 »

@ravith: If some assets of the same type (meshes/textures) works and some doesn't, it's not related to umodel, but extraction issues - there are already multiple explanations above, even with examples.

Oops, sorry.
I will look into extraction more.
Thanks for the reply. Smiley
monykha

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2023, 16:12 »

I tried ripping LM, but without success.
I unpacked png archive & dat archives, merged them in one folder - had no errors.
But when I open everything in Noesis or Umodel - I have no previews, cant export anything.
What could have went wrong?

https://prnt.sc/vDg8DSU_wfJI
https://prnt.sc/70Ek8b3qII1O
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: