April 16, 2024, 09:29
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: Automatic way for AES keys?  (Read 806 times)
John Spoop

Blender starter animator... yeah...

View Profile
« on: January 23, 2022, 21:33 »

Hey, I have a lot of .PAK files requiring an AES key and a different version.
Is there a way to make UModel open each .PAK with the version and the AES key automatically applied?

Something like a .DLL file that UModel can get info from as to what version to use and what aes key to apply?
I am new to coding so don't expect me to understand anything.
Please, if anyone knows.
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2022, 22:17 »

@John Spoop: You can use multiple keys as a list, they will be checked for every scanned package in a folder and subfolders, like this:
0xAA...
0xBB...
0xCC...
In command-line mode you can also provide multiple keys at once or via txt file with keys.

As for the second thing, if you mean different engine versions, I believe it's totally ineffective, considering specifics of UE architecture in general (and probably other game engines as well), aimed for unifying every asset under a single file system with predefined values for every particular engine version. Theoretically, if you have two slightly different versions, like 4.26 and 4.27, you can add artificial checks in critical places where differences between those two engines resides, and parse packages as one of them (either 4.26 or 4.27) with using respective ways to parse the data, based on actual values.
Though it's much better to somehow separate them outside umodel and work on them separately. If you need to just compare assets from different versions (which were added/removed/updated), you can use other tools and automate the work somehow. I personally wrote some quickbms scripts for such comparison between different game versions and selective extraction. Also there should be other tools as well, I remember something like this in fmodel for Fortnite specifically. 
John Spoop

Blender starter animator... yeah...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2022, 23:30 »

Woah, thank you Smiley
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: