Gildor's Forums

Author Topic: The Quarry  (Read 3281 times)
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
Re: The Quarry
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2022, 14:33 »

@Morgen0s: umodel doesn't support wwise audio, which is used in almost all modern UE games. You can use fmodel or other tools for extracting audio from the game.

@fn2505: Updated: Nevermind, see next post.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2022, 21:46 by spiritovod » Logged
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2022, 21:44 »

Added a stub for meshes with variable bones weights to both builds, please read notes in the base post for more info. It's not a proper solution, but you can export geometry, skeleton and materials/textures this way. Note that results may differ for psk and gltf format. Feedback is welcomed.

It's a general stub, so it will work in the same way for any other game with the same issue even without specific override.  

* Clipboard04.jpg (98.09 KB, 2547x1244 - viewed 128 times.)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2022, 01:13 by spiritovod » Logged
09williamsad
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2022, 00:00 »

Added a stub for meshes with variable bones weights to both builds, please read notes in the base post for more info. It's not a proper solution, but you can export geometry, skeleton and materials/textures this way. Note that results may differ for psk and gltf format. Feedback is welcomed.

It's a general stub, so it will work in the same way for any other game with the same issue even without specific override.  

Thanks, i tried both builds with the override, animations disabled and vertex meshes disabled.
However there are still errors.

******** Loading object SkeletalMesh4'RedDeer_F.RedDeer_F' ********
ERROR: Serializing behind stopper (4E023+A0008 > 83D59)
FPakFile::Serialize: file=/Game/Animalia/RedDeer_F/Meshes/RedDeer_F.uexp <- TArray::SerializeSimple <- FStaticLODModel4::SerializeRenderItem <- TArray::Serialize: 2/4 <- USkeletalMesh4::Serialize <- LoadObject: SkeletalMesh4'RedDeer_F.RedDeer_F', pos=4F054, ver=522/0 (unversioned), game=ue4.26 <- UObject::EndLoad <- LoadWholePackage: /Game/Animalia/RedDeer_F/Meshes/RedDeer_F.uasset <- ExportPackages <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main: umodel_build=1579 based

******** Loading object SkeletalMesh4'JacobStandardBodycostume_tear_geo.JacobStandardBodycostume_tear_geo' ********
ERROR: Serializing behind stopper (11BAC7+4 > 11BACA)
FPakFile::Serialize: file=/Game/Characters/Models/Jacob/Body/Standard/JacobStandardBodycostume_tear_geo.uexp <- FArchive::ByteOrderSerialize <- FStaticLODModel4::SerializeStreamedData <- FStaticLODModel4::SerializeRenderItem <- TArray::Serialize: 0/1 <- USkeletalMesh4::Serialize <- LoadObject: SkeletalMesh4'JacobStandardBodycostume_tear_geo.JacobStandardBodycostume_tear_geo', pos=120607, ver=522/0 (unversioned), game=quarry <- UObject::EndLoad <- LoadWholePackage: /Game/Characters/Models/Jacob/Body/Standard/JacobStandardBodycostume_tear_geo.uasset <- ExportPackages <- CUmodelApp::ShowPackageUI <- Main: umodel_build=1579 based
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2022, 02:40 »

@09williamsad: In the first case you forgot to use proper override, the second issue should be fixed now in updated builds.
Morgen0s

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2022, 05:01 »

can UE viewer open uexp? Because I can only open an asset
09williamsad
Sponsor

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2022, 18:58 »

@Spiritvod Thanks, I must have checked the override twice and made the mistake both times.

The current umodel_materials build seems to work on everything, barring 4 insignificant assets.
Game/MetaHumans/Caleb/Face/Caleb_FaceMesh.uasset
Game/Props/Vehicles/Circus_Trailer_B/Rig/VehiclesCircusTrailerB.uasset
Game/VFX/Meshes/LogDestroy/v05_leaf/MS_Blockout_LogDestroy_wLeaf_v3.uasset
Game/VFX/Niagara/Acts/Act_9/hacketthouserumble/ryanrun/Wall_Break/Mesh_v10/GC_act9_Bob_BreakWall.uasset
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2022, 01:28 »

@Morgen0s: uexp is additional data, it's not directly exposed in most UE4 tools to improve user experience - but you can extract it if needed, there is "save packages" option in umodel and "raw export" in fmodel for that. Just extract uasset and all related to asset files will be extracted if present (uasset+uexp+ubulk).

@09williamsad: Such meshes should be supported now in the updated builds.

Btw morphs are not supported because they have UE5 format. In UE5 morphs got noticeably reworked, pretty much like nanite stuff compared to usual static mesh.
ShadowFlames

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2022, 03:33 »

With the new rebuild Umodel, thank you Spiritovod. Do we still need to uncheck Morph Target and animations? Normally with other games I don't have to uncheck the boxes.

what I am trying to do is view everything by simply right click on the games folders and the Meshes and materials all load into the view. I can scroll through everything. I can this do this with a lot of other games. This one seems to be different then the rest.

I notice when I load one of the character models up and went to append animation to see it work in the viewer it won't work. Is this because of unchecking the animation box? I never had this issue before in umodel in the past.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2022, 04:49 by ShadowFlames » Logged
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2022, 13:59 »

@ShadowFlames: Animations are supported only in the ACL build, but you need to disable morphs anyway. Most other things are already explained in my base post and the rest of the topic, please read it carefully.
ShadowFlames

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2022, 18:31 »

Tried running the specified build over assets.
All textures and static meshes are fine.

Here are some skeletal meshes with errors:
Content/Characters/DLC/Eighties/Dylan/Body/Return/DylanReturnBody.uasset
Content/Characters/DLC/Eighties/Kaitlyn/Body/Standard/KaitlynStandardBody.uasset
Content/Characters/DLC/Eighties/Kaitlyn/Body/ThroatTorn/KaitlynThroatTornBody.uasset
Content/Characters/Models/Abigail/Body/DecapitatedCleanCut/AbigailDecapitatedCleanCutBody.uasset

Some meshes aren't exporting, 09williams mention some of the examples on page one. Even following your suggestions or leave the check box's on default. Do these fall under the Base post, where some won't work?

Animation can be exported though so it really no big thing if it don't work in the rebuild version no big deal.
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2022, 19:30 »

@ShadowFlames: All of the mentioned meshes can be previewed and exported with latest specific build, you're probably using an outdated version. And even those meshes, which may crash umodel on preview, should be exportable without previewing.
be2llhy

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2022, 22:58 »

The Quarry
AES key:0xB916405788667A528F252B78348541929BAFD27FA88933543CE6016BB2388408
Fanat921

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2023, 21:44 »

Hi everybody. I don't really understand this topic and wanted to ask questions.
1. Is it possible to import these models into your UE4 project somehow?
2. Why are The Quarry models in UMODEL without eyes? Even in 3ds max imported, still without eyes. Although in materials viewport (3ds max) everything is connected to eye textures.
I will be glad if you help me. Thanks in advance.

* 10.png (392.75 KB, 1875x1004 - viewed 71 times.)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2023, 21:53 by Fanat921 » Logged
fil1969

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2023, 09:52 »

Hi everybody. I don't really understand this topic and wanted to ask questions.
1. Is it possible to import these models into your UE4 project somehow?
2. Why are The Quarry models in UMODEL without eyes? Even in 3ds max imported, still without eyes. Although in materials viewport (3ds max) everything is connected to eye textures.
I will be glad if you help me. Thanks in advance.

I know you can import Psk files in UE engine, for the eyes, are imported correctly in 3dsmax...
Fanat921

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2023, 16:21 »

Thanks for the answer! I just don't really understand. Even in UMODEL, for some reason, the eyes are not textured.. In 3ds max, the path to the eyes is specified, but they are again without textures Undecided

* 11.png (169.81 KB, 1300x563 - viewed 48 times.)
Jump to: