March 29, 2024, 09:54
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: UModel doesn't show any textures on the meshes  (Read 344 times)
KoFFTLY

View Profile
« on: June 25, 2022, 17:44 »

Hello everyone,

So, it's been 3 days I'm trying to extract maps from a game, I figured out how to import them on Blender. But now, there's a problem.
Once I open UModel to import the materials, when I open a model, the textures are wrong, and the diffuse colour is bad as if it couldn't find the location of the diffuse colour. The meshes appear brown or something like that.

https://gyazo.com/c28bf29433da7adfb1f97334b4ff9ff5

I already checked the log, and nothing special inside, I don't have any errors appear, it's only showing this:

Loading package: /Game/Assets/Materials/MasterMaterials/crackling_lime_height3.uasset Ver: 522/0 Engine: 0 [Unversioned] "Names: 17 Exports: 1 Imports: 3 Game: 10001B0
Loading package: /Game/Assets/Materials/MasterMaterials/rust_corrosion_drip_basecolor.uasset Ver: 522/0 Engine: 0 [Unversioned] Names: 17 Exports: 1 Imports: 3 Game: 10001B0" etc etc

I heard it was a problem with the location of the umodel, but I already checked that too. So I'm kinda lost right now.
Is there anyone who could help me with that?
Thank you very much <3
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2022, 18:28 »

https://www.gildor.org/projects/umodel/faq#Texturing-questions
KoFFTLY

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2022, 19:13 »

Oh okay, "Materials are assigned by the game in runtime" so basically there is no way to get the textures because I did everything right.
Gildor
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2022, 20:43 »

There are many different things which affects appearance. The most common is that material is not just a set of diffuse+normal texture, but something more complex.
KoFFTLY

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2022, 21:39 »

Oh okay, thank you! I'll try to find a solution to that then  laugh
floxay

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2022, 00:39 »

Since it's a sign which I assume are placed on the map I'd think they most likely used override materials, in that case the used material could be found in the "umap" files, which UEViewer cannot open as is.
KoFFTLY

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2022, 01:43 »

Oh, well I tried to read the umap file.

This is an example, this material appears red in the game, with normals, roughness and stuff. When I try to read the code, there's nothing about red color, the hex code gives me a grey color or something.

https://gyazo.com/106e65ef7c432918de2c9214f44e4820
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: