March 29, 2024, 03:05
bigger smaller reset     1020px Wide width Full width Reset   * *

Gildor's Forums

Homepage Facebook Read news on Twitter Youtube channel Github page
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

« previous next »
Print
Author Topic: The First Descendant  (Read 3636 times)
arukardominator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2022, 14:58 »

Can you view7export the ones that stat with PC in the name?
for example: /M1/Content/Characters/PC/MESH/001/A/Skel/PC_001_A0101.uasset ??
JimCollin

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2022, 15:02 »

Can you view7export the ones that stat with PC in the name?
for example: /M1/Content/Characters/PC/MESH/001/A/Skel/PC_001_A0101.uasset ??

I can view, but cannot export.
Only UI can be exported.
JimCollin

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2022, 15:07 »

I found the three characters who are not in NPC, and they are all in PC. Can be exported with UI.
There are many monsters that cannot be export in batches.
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2022, 21:34 »

Skeletal meshes should be fixed in latest update (fix10), along with some animations. As fo batch export, you need to limit its scope to particular folders, because destructible meshes are considered as skeletal meshes in umodel, but they're not supported yet and can't be disabled separately (like combinations of textures and materials) - maybe it's worth to add such option.
arukardominator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2022, 22:53 »

Skeletal meshes should be fixed in latest update (fix10), along with some animations. As fo batch export, you need to limit its scope to particular folders, because destructible meshes are considered as skeletal meshes in umodel, but they're not supported yet and can't be disabled separately (like combinations of textures and materials) - maybe it's worth to add such option.

Thanks for all your hard work!
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2022, 22:46 »

I've updated respective build, static meshes should also work now for this game.
spiritovod
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2023, 18:06 »

Destructible meshes should be supported in the updated build (fix14). Also, now there is an option for disabling materials separately from textures at startup screen (it should be available via command line as well, but not tested). All previous limitations are still applied.

Starting from fix14 version, there are separate override options for 5.0 (including all 5.0.x) and 5.1 engines. The feature with materials was not tested properly, apparently Material3 still works, but it's rarely used and has the same layout even in 5.1, if not modified. Please let me know if umodel crashes on materials with them disabled in the new build.
GruesomeAnxiety

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2023, 02:30 »

The game is up again on steam, I dont know what changed since the previous beta but nothing works anymore, sadly.
Ehlyon

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2023, 03:03 »

The game is up again on steam, I dont know what changed since the previous beta but nothing works anymore, sadly.

They went to UE 5.2, changed the AES key, also they're using utoc/ucas now so animations won't work even after a Skeletal Mesh fix
roll, virtual textures won't work either.
Link to thread with UE 5 common issues
GruesomeAnxiety

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2023, 18:08 »

Using fmodel and unreal mapping dumper I managed to extract the textures. All textures are OK I think.
The meshes though, I could only export them as .uasset, cant export them as 3d models
here is the mapping if anyone interested: https://www.mediafire.com/file/ux5okoj7hnczt4n/Mappings.usmap/file
« Last Edit: September 20, 2023, 18:57 by GruesomeAnxiety » Logged
sharpwarrior416

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2023, 16:14 »

could one of you guys help explain how to do this or direct me to where i can learn
INSTICT

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2023, 08:40 »

Using fmodel and unreal mapping dumper I managed to extract the textures. All textures are OK I think.
The meshes though, I could only export them as .uasset, cant export them as 3d models
here is the mapping if anyone interested: https://www.mediafire.com/file/ux5okoj7hnczt4n/Mappings.usmap/file

whats the new AES key tho?
xrevo

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2023, 10:48 »

Check the usual place in the first post.

Also if you want you can download the older version of the game via steam depot if you want to export models via umodel.
If you have access to the beta, open the steam console with steam://nav/console and enter
Code:
download_depot 2074930 2320535382033625090

Still suggest using fmodel to get textures though due to ue5 format compatibilities...
beleborg

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2023, 10:49 »

anyone managed to make the mesh exporting work?
sharpwarrior416

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2023, 11:08 »

Check the usual place in the first post.

Also if you want you can download the older version of the game via steam depot if you want to export models via umodel.
If you have access to the beta, open the steam console with steam://nav/console and enter
Code:
download_depot 2074930 2320535382033625090

Still suggest using fmodel to get textures though due to ue5 format compatibilities...

how do i do that
Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: